IKEA nail desk?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I know there are threads on this, but 2 things...
1. I don't understand how ikea works 😖
2. Every time I click a link someone has left, the table is no longer in production. Lol

Basically I want to get myself a desk so that I can start working from home. I have looked at those foldaway portable ones for £50 on eBay, but on a course I went to recently,I was using one and it's so small I had no room to work on it. I have looked at proper manicure stations but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment, as I'm just starting up at home.
I have seen a lot of people talk about IKEA desks and say how good they are but I'm not sure which one is the best to get? I don't want one that is so wide I will have to stretch over it, but at the same token I don't want one too small that I have no room for my stuff. It will be set up in my front room so because I have a young daughter I would like something with storage that can be locked such as a cupboard or drawers, so I can lock in the day and then take my stuff out at night when she's in bed. I am not too worried if the cupboard that I buy is lockable as it is easy to stick a lock on it once I've got it at home but I've seen a few people setups but everytime I try to click on the table they recommended it says IKEA doesn't stock any more?
I have seen the glasholm one mentioned a few times and I do like the idea of a glass tabletop but I don't understand IKEA's system, so I can't work out whether one half of that table can be put on a cupboard or whether there are matching cupboards; it's a bit of a brain freeze for me :) lol.
I have seen this one and wondered if it would be suitable or if there is something similar people are using?
http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/spr/09932691/?cid=gb>ot>ikea_app_shop_online
Help me geeks please? xx

I got this one ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398854294.646944.jpg with two £5 black fold up chairs and some draws for underneath, cheap cheerful and it works!

I swapped mine on Saturday I did have the portable one
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398860419.063571.jpg

But was too small so
I swapped it for ikea one
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398860442.265598.jpg

£17 for table top and legs and the glass top Is £25 ( not on pic )

It's very sturdy you can chose different colour and style legs and mix and match if you want drawers.

I'm really pleased with it - definatly recommend having the glass top
I think the table is called limminol or something HTH x

The drawers to match desk were around £40-£60 if I remember right

They were yes, one sec I'll find a pic!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398862170.883601.jpg
These were £25 they fit perfectly underneath the desk, the draws are a great size for nail varnish bottles! (Sorry for clutter was mid set up!)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398862478.525335.jpg
Those in white :)

I swapped mine on Saturday I did have the portable one
View attachment 63689

But was too small so
I swapped it for ikea one
View attachment 63690

£17 for table top and legs and the glass top Is £25 ( not on pic )

It's very sturdy you can chose different colour and style legs and mix and match if you want drawers.

I'm really pleased with it - definatly recommend having the glass top
I think the table is called limminol or something HTH x

Hey, that's the one I have been thinking about getting :)
Is it a good width, as in you aren't too far away from your clients? x

Hey, I bought the Micke and had some glass cut to put on top. It's got a drawer and some storage at the side and I absolutely love it. This is a pic

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398877266.941088.jpg

Yes it's perfect width - you don't have to stretch - I have my seat a little higher than the clients and it's great - just need to get a arm rest for it 👍

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398881253.368774.jpg this is mine I'm also after something a bit bigger it has a draw an cupboard to the side an we put a breakfast pole on , it's been fab whilst training an setting up :))

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 63732 this is mine I'm also after something a bit bigger it has a draw an cupboard to the side an we put a breakfast pole on , it's been fab whilst training an setting up :))

Where did you get that little nail pillow from? I am after one of these? X

The pillow was from amazon it's just a pink cloth I have over it x

View attachment 63732 this is mine I'm also after something a bit bigger it has a draw an cupboard to the side an we put a breakfast pole on , it's been fab whilst training an setting up :))

Your set up is lovely, exactly what I am looking for :) what table/cupboard combo did you get? xx

The pillow was from amazon it's just a pink cloth I have over it x

Thank you. Will take a look x

Hey, I bought the Micke and had some glass cut to put on top. It's got a drawer and some storage at the side and I absolutely love it. This is a pic

View attachment 63725

I love your tabe lamp ! Where did you get it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love your tabe lamp ! Where did you get it :)

Thank you :) I got it from Amazon. Very reasonable at £37.50 and has amazing reviews (read the reviews for the black one) this is it in white

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398926581.161459.jpg

I can't recommend it enough, you can adjust the brightness, the height and the tilt of the lamp. It's excellent xx

My desk was only a Argos one we didn't use the slate of wood at the side or the back (for clients leg room) we got a breakfast pole off amazon an fitted it on the side as I preferred the look of it like that but it's personal preference this is it ...... :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398949318.949336.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398949289.986620.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398949289.986620.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 177
Thank you :) I got it from Amazon. Very reasonable at £37.50 and has amazing reviews (read the reviews for the black one) this is it in white

View attachment 63764

I can't recommend it enough, you can adjust the brightness, the height and the tilt of the lamp. It's excellent xx

I've Ordered one ;-)
Thanks for the info xxx

Latest posts

Back