ILA Glasgow? Eyelash extentions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyK30

Reaction score
hi, ok so Im 30 years old and decided i want to study beauty therapy but the college course dose not start till august 2012 so I was thinking of doing a couple of small one day courses leading up to then. Would really like to do eyelash extentions but all the courses are really expensive, I have just bought my first home and had my first baby this year so money is tight! So dose anyone know any courses for beginers that accept ILA? Ive heard you can also have one to one training at home which sound good but cant find anything on the internet. x:biggrin:

Hi there,

if you're looking for eyelash extension course which accept ILA funding I would say good luck :D Although on the ILA site there seems to be a few colleges that do them the course is a module for NVQ or another diploma.

The only 1-day course I could find is up in Dundee. Its with cosmetology Scotland http://www.cosmetologyscotland.co.uk/ they do a few different courses and had no problem using my ILA voucher with them. The cost of the course was slightly more than the voucher but not a lot.

The course itself used Lash FX products which is a sister brand to Lash Perfect. Kit was fine although ran out of disposibles quickly. The tutors were friendly. I thought there were quite a lot of girls in the class (7 I think) and didn't get an awful lot of 1to1 time with the tutor. However it was fine for a starter and I was confident enough going out to do my 10 case studies. After the 10 although I wasn't quick I felt confident in my ability - a lot of this is due to the great advice on this forum as well :D

If you are looking at other types of courses as well I believe NailZone in Glasgow take ILA for nail related classes. I don't have any experience with them though!

Good luck!

The scottish beauty school do ila funded courses they accept it for most of their courses and the girls are lovely thescottishbeautyschool.co.uk or phone them 08007314488 i done my nail course and spray tan with them and im bck at the end of the month for my nail art course cant wait ;) xxx

Hi

Take a look at flirties lash extensions, they offer 1-2-1 training in either your home or the salon. www.wowfactorltd.com

Nsi accept ila I got my nail course wiv it. Go on to nsi scotland website thers loads of courses iv dun 2 wiv them ther based in hillington

Sent from my E10i using SalonGeek

Hi they do lashes at nsi it's nova lash I did mine their in march as far as I know they don't accept ila for lashes because it's nova that just rent a room c

I would be very surprised if you can get 121 training with an ILA, but i do believe there are now a few courses in scotland that accept it for group training. Although as someone has already said it could be a group of 7, which in my opinion is far too many people for a 1 day course with 1 tutor. Not sure how the tutor could possibly know how well each individual is progressing in this case.
I personally would say if looking for lash training check it is a small class size or 121.
Hope you find something soon, but maybe if you are looking to do other courses you could use your ila for that and go on a really good course for the extensions. They are not an easy subject to master. In theory they are easy, but so fiddly lol xxx
Good luck :)

Oh just wanted to add, I'm not saying all ila lash courses are like that, I was just going by the example above xx

Reid kerr college do a 1 day ila funded course. I think the next dates are after march .. I did that course in may!

Good luck!

Xxx

Reid kerr college do a 1 day ila funded course. I think the next dates are after march .. I did that course in may!

Good luck!

Xxx

Thanks everyone, I seen this course at ried kerr but it says you should have some experience, i have zero!!! Can Anyone suggest the best course to start out on, not to make money (yet) but just to get me stasted before college next august?? Waxing, tanning, massage eyelashes, nails???
x

Nsi do a 1day tanning course £45+vat x

woowoo

It's good training their kit is ££££ I got mine through la tan much cheaper x

Nailzone in Glasgow accept ila funding for the lash course I did it through them x

How did you find the nailzone lash training & what brand do they use, aftercare etc please?

Latest posts

Back