I'm a stamping failure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha,ha, me too!! Love samples!!
I'll let you know how it goes!! And enjoy your stamping!!! :)

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U01 using SalonGeek mobile app

Defiantly do keep me updated! I've took my nail polish off so I'll not be bored tonight! Haha xx

do you have to wash plate every time you finished one nail? frustration. :irked:

I just give it a quick scrub with acetone

do you have to wash plate every time you finished one nail? frustration. :irked:

I only did that if I was using the same design again otherwise I would leave it till I was done and do it all at once as my stamper took up a good lot of the polish anyway x

Sorry for hijacking this post but I'm also a complete stamping failure! I'm not sure if it's the products I'm using though or just my technique! I have some plates which I got off Amazon, they're Bundle Monster festive plates. I have 2 Konad polishes but they didn't work well as I was wearing black polish and the Konad was red and orange so didn't show up well. I also have a set I bought quite a few years ago (before I started doing nails properly) it's just an Easy Art stamping set. The white stamping polish still seemed ok, it hadn't dried or anything. Sometimes the image would pick up lovely on the stamper but then didn't seem to transfer to the nail, it would leave little bits behind, sometimes - and on one plate in particular - it didn't pick up on the stamper at all, just tiny little flecks. The stamper I use is also from this set. I did buff the stamper very slightly after reading this but maybe not enough. What are your thoughts please? Could it be that the stamper and the stamping polish is an old set? Or could it just be I'm not very good at stamping?! And could it be that this one plate is just a bit of a dud?!

I would like to try on gelcolor, anyone can tell me what's kind plate and color to use for stamp or hold set to use for.

I found that when I first started I was hopeless too. Sometimes it's just a matter of 'practice makes perfect'. I use konad/bundle monster/pueen stamping plates and konad stamping polish, and they all work great. Some vinylux polishes also work well, as well as the Barry M metallic polishes. Try buffing the stamper again and just keep having a go. I was ready to chuck my lot in the bin when I finally got the hang of it. Good luck!

Sorry for hijacking this post but I'm also a complete stamping failure! I'm not sure if it's the products I'm using though or just my technique! I have some plates which I got off Amazon, they're Bundle Monster festive plates. I have 2 Konad polishes but they didn't work well as I was wearing black polish and the Konad was red and orange so didn't show up well. I also have a set I bought quite a few years ago (before I started doing nails properly) it's just an Easy Art stamping set. The white stamping polish still seemed ok, it hadn't dried or anything. Sometimes the image would pick up lovely on the stamper but then didn't seem to transfer to the nail, it would leave little bits behind, sometimes - and on one plate in particular - it didn't pick up on the stamper at all, just tiny little flecks. The stamper I use is also from this set. I did buff the stamper very slightly after reading this but maybe not enough. What are your thoughts please? Could it be that the stamper and the stamping polish is an old set? Or could it just be I'm not very good at stamping?! And could it be that this one plate is just a bit of a dud?!
Hiya, don't give up, once you get the hang of it you won't stop!

Maybe the old polish had dried out a bit so when you put it on the plate it dries quicker tha it takes you to pick it up.

I would maybe get a Barry M foil polish in Gold or Silver, to start with as they are super easy to stamp.
Make sure you work quickly, have everything you need in a row, Polish, Scraper, Stamper, make sure they are all squeaky clean, I do mine with polish remover or acetone. If you are not sure where to place on your finger, try stamping on paper first to get the correct way up and to make sure it's transferring correctly. Don't press too hard, especially if you have a squishy stamper. If you have a harder surface stamper, you will need to roll it across the surface.

If you are stamping on Gel polish do the top coat, then wipe the tacky layer, then stamp once you are happy, top coat again.

I've tried to think of everything I do, but if I've missed out anything there are lots of successful stampers that will add to this post.

Sarah R on You Tube, does a 'Stamping Fun Friday' video every week, it's a must.

HTH x

Sorry I didn't see this for some reason the app never showed anyone posting after me :S
Anyway! The above poster has said everything right. Work quickly and have everything in a row. Practise makes perfect for definite as my nails are getting better with each nail. I found I had to buff my stamper rather a bit as it had a shiney surface which made it impossible to pick anything up! So try buffing it again x

Thanks everyone, I've got Barry M on order and I'll buff the stamper again. Once I feel I'm getting the hang of it I'll probably invest in a Konad or MoYou stamper xxx

Besides the beautiful colours and being able to stamp over black, I :Love: MDU because you do not have to work quickly. I can take my time and get an exact placement.

Latest posts

Back