I'm almost there....i think!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmit2

Reaction score
I've spent most of my free time (all day) on here since Feb researching courses and systems etc as i'm a newby...I've spoken to S2 a few times and been for an interview at White Rose College too to try and find the best route for me to train.

I think i'm almost there and ready to bite the bullet but wanted to brush it past you lot first - I hope you don't mind :)

S2 and the College course are the same price for the course however the college course is 20 weeks of 2 evenings per week. This seems a better option regarding giving me time to practise in between lessons....yes? It also seems to include more systems like fibreglass/silk and mittens manicure.

The down side is that on top of the course fees i have to pay 2 exam fees £112 each. With S2 you don't pay an exam fee...? I'm not so bothered about this as i have the money, just don't want to spend willy nilly.

I have to buy a kit for each system for the college course which comes to approx £350....expensive - BUT my auntie trained with them for fun at the time and has all the kit as she never followed it up - so i have this for a small fee.

The only thing which is holding me back from the college course is everyone raves about CND which i do see why, but I can still use their products and systems when i've got the Itech qual right? I might have to do a refresher course with CND at some stage...

I can start the S2 course in July or the college one in Sept - either of those is ok for me but i'm baffled on value for money.

Can I have your opinions please?

Oooo, also some juicy gossip - the principle at the college said that the government are clamping down on qualifications/courses etc and soon CND will be offering a 10 week course - has anyone heard anything on this yet?

Sorry if i've rambled!

Hi, I've done courses both with CND and evening college courses (though not for nail enhancements) and these are some things you might also want to consider.

I think you have to do a conversion course with CND before you can purchase their products (though S2 will no doubt keep you right on this is you give them a call). If you know you definately want to use CND after qualifying, then you'll have to pay for this and your CND products on top of your college fees & kit?

At college, you'll probably spend half of each evening working and the other half having someone working on you so you might not have as much time practising in college as you would expect.

I felt some of the things we were taught in college were more because its in the curriculum and they have to cover it and could be quite dated. The CND course felt alot more about getting you ready to start working with all the latest techniques and research.

The good points about college are that doing the course over a longer period gives you lots of time to practiste in between each class and then you can return to class each week with your questions on any problems you're having.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks for your advice i'll add these questions on to my lists for S2 and the college before i decide.

The college did say i could buy from CND whilst training as they would email them saying i was training and that i should be able to buy...i'll double check though. I'm a real learner so i'll do all the courses i need to do - just don't want to waste money really.

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back