I'm devastated!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone... Just a quick update on the situation. I spoke to my girlfriend yesterday and she said that one lady was freaking out cos her nails fell off and "they never fall off". Well fair enough I can see that I should have applied more product as I did make them quite thin but she is used to going to the Asian nail bars where nothing can budge those babies once they are on your fingers!

The good news is, I had confused her with the lady I did the gel set on. It was the first time I used the Brisa gel system and while I could pick up on imperfections they looked ok and she is really happy with them. So that gave me a real boost!

Thanks again for all your support!

i am so glad you have had a boost, you do feel like your being knocked sideways at times and it hurts.
as the others have said, keen on practicing, it does all come together i promise! i am doing some fab nails now, no lifting at all and regulars are coming back without any that have 'popped' off so i know i am finally getting there.
keep us posted on how you are getting on :hug:

You have had some very encouraging replies to your post and I'm glad to hear you had a little Boost with the success for your Creative Brisa gels.

A very long time ago, someone told me this ... IF THE ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION YOU GAVE YOUR CLIENT FOR NAIL ENHANCEMENTS RESULTS IN THE NAILS BREAKING OR LIFTING OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST WEEK , THEN THE PRESCRIPTION HAS TO CHANGE.

In other words, if you decided to apply white tips with a thin overlay and they didn't last, then as you say, the prescription has to change for next time ... white tips with more support over the zone 2 area. Or different type of tip or application. etc etc. There simply should be no problems in the first week.

Sometimes something as simple as the length you may have chosen is wrong for the client etc. It is not always something basic that is incorrect.

I do not agree when peeps say practice practice practice ... NO. If you keep doing the same old thing, you will get the same old problems. Something has to CHANGE and you have to change it. This is how we learn. Don't just repeat the same old mistakes ,which is what happens with the practice practice practice scenario. Practice for sure, but make the needed changes when doing so.

geeg said:
You have had some very encouraging replies to your post and I'm glad to hear you had a little Boost with the success for your Creative Brisa gels.

A very long time ago, someone told me this ... IF THE ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION YOU GAVE YOUR CLIENT FOR NAIL ENHANCEMENTS RESULTS IN THE NAILS BREAKING OR LIFTING OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS IN THE FIRST WEEK , THEN THE PRESCRIPTION HAS TO CHANGE.

In other words, if you decided to apply white tips with a thin overlay and they didn't last, then as you say, the prescription has to change for next time ... white tips with more support over the zone 2 area. Or different type of tip or application. etc etc. There simply should be no problems in the first week.

Sometimes something as simple as the length you may have chosen is wrong for the client etc. It is not always something basic that is incorrect.

I do not agree when peeps say practice practice practice ... NO. If you keep doing the same old thing, you will get the same old problems. Something has to CHANGE and you have to change it. This is how we learn. Don't just repeat the same old mistakes ,which is what happens with the practice practice practice scenario. Practice for sure, but make the needed changes when doing so.
How can you not agree with practice practice practice? That sounds so strange coming from someone like you. When I 'PRACTICE' I am constantly trying different things to see which works the best. If something doesn't work I have another go, If it STILL doesn't work, I try something esle. I was taught (by CREATIVE) that PRACTICE makes permanent. Practice does not mean doing the same old thing over again at all. It means learning from your mistakes and trying hard to fix whats wrong by scrutinising what you are doing.
When my children were learning how to walk, they fell over a few times. They got the hang of it though.

don't let make you quit this should motivate you more if anyone ever tells you that they this has not happen to them in some form or fashion they are out right lying so keep your head up and keep practicing

Latest posts

Back