Im gonna do this!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALEX

Just wondered how many other nail techs hear this in a month?

Recently I'm hearing sooooo many of my customers telling me how they are all going to go onto nail courses. Two of my regulars have just left me because they have just started a course in September and can't wear enhancements because they have to practice on each other. I'm worried I'm going to loose all my customers to my own job!!!
I think I am going to start telling my customers it's a hard life being a nail tech!

One of my cutomers (who's a hairdresser) asked me repeadetly to train them so she could do it too - I told her each time it's not as easy as it looks, and that if she wanted to train she had to pay for it and go to college. She STILL kept asking - in the end I told her "would you train me to be a hairdresser then, so I can make up for all my lost clients to you, by pinching your "hair" clients?" She never asked me again...:lick:

I gladly give any clients who ask this the LCN training brochure and explain all the courses they need to go on to be as fully qualified as me ...... when they see I have spent at least £1000 on training - let alone the equipment - they soon shut up and repect my work!!!

Good one Sarah, will explain to a few the cost of learning!

lol this so rings true.....i have 2 clients who are both wanting to become nail technicians and i have just given them all the course info etc etc......
one of them understands how hard it is going to be the other thinks it's going to be so easy and she will soon be up an mobile.........i took this client the info on Thursday .....to which her mum said 'you are brave love she will pput you out of business!'
But i am not worried at all.......i did'nt become a nail tech over night infact i spent the 1st year practising and the last 3 getting better and better......and now i am hoping to become even better and complete my masters!

One of my client's (who is a hairdresser) told me that she was going to start doing nails in the salon that she worked in. She went to Sallys Hair & Beauty and bought the Star Nails UV Gel stuff and gave it a go. A mutual friend said that she did 2 or 3 sets and had to give full refunds back because of the state of the extensions, and the salon manager pulled the plug on it all.

A previous client (also a hairdresser) did a similar thing, but it didnt take off.

I find it scary that these people watch their tech do their nails a few times and decide that they can now go off and do extensions with absolutely no training whatsoever!

Latest posts

Back