I'm In Charge Of A Hen Night..eeek! .. Ideas Please Xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
My best friend from school is getting married in 2 weeks. She has decided to have her HEN NIGHT this coming weekend, and I've been put in charge. :eek:

Its already been booked at this place somewhere in London called 'school dinners' and apparently we all have to dress like St. Trinians Girls! (oh gawd)
But she wants me to take care of everything else.. :Scared:

Shes made me promise no cheesey stripper or anything, but what else do I get?

Ive already got her a personalised sash made
some willy straws
willy whistles
a willy cup for her to drink from. :)lol: )
6 girls night out balloons,
a hen balloon,
flashing L plate
flashing tiara and veil
pink furry handcuffs
pink 'hen' pegs (what are they are for?)
table confetti

But what else? Is that enough? I cant think over my panicking attatcks!! LOL

HELP!!! Your ideas or experiences from a hen night would be great... I have never been on one before!!

Thanks in advance xxx:confused: :green:

you are all gonna have a great time there !!!!!!!!
maybe get some disposable cameras, you will p*ss yourselves looking back at the photos :lol: oh and you might want to arrange transport to and from the venue ???
i hope you all have a great night xxx

I went on one where each person bought a gift max £5 - was a nice gesture.

Have you got to organise everyone to be there etc or is that already sorted?

babyshakes said:
I went on one where each person bought a gift max £5 - was a nice gesture.

Have you got to organise everyone to be there etc or is that already sorted?

Errrr, yeah! I have to arrange the transport there and back too.... originally she said check what trains we have to get etc!
Errrr, I'm not struggling back to Watford on the train in the early hours! I told her the best way is book a mini bus.. cos my fellas a cop on the underground and told me that the last train back to watford is 1 am! What if we miss that? I think it dangerous to be wandering round central london at that time,,, especially pissed too!

So thankfully, shes agreed a bus to be booked.
Or a Limo? now theres a thought....
would that be expensive though???

Tsia said:
Errrr, yeah! I have to arrange the transport there and back too.... originally she said check what trains we have to get etc!
Errrr, I'm not struggling back to Watford on the train in the early hours! I told her the best way is book a mini bus.. cos my fellas a cop on the underground and told me that the last train back to watford is 1 am! What if we miss that? I think it dangerous to be wandering round central london at that time,,, especially pissed too!

So thankfully, shes agreed a bus to be booked.
Or a Limo? now theres a thought....
would that be expensive though???

Shouldnt be to expensive if you all chip in.

Another idea is to have a list of dares for her to complete.
Silly little things like get a kiss (on the cheek 0ff of a stranger), get an item of clothing,etc...

Arrange a kitty for the drinks and then you dont have to worry about that for the night.

Remember to enjoy it, you'll make your own fun when you get there.

I went on a hen weekend this year and the chief bridesmaid brought along a autograph album. We all had to put a personal message inside on one page and on the other she stuck a photo of the bride with that person (which was taken on the night). It's a lovely thing to keep and have great memories from.

Hey what great idea..... thanks for that! May go and get one sorted. xxx:hug:

Yeah - you could try to get hold of a polaroid camera for instant snaps!

Get the bride to write you a list of all the people she wants to invite with their phone numbers/emails/addresses etc - the first thing to do is to make sure everyone knows about it! compile a group correspondance and get a copy to everyone - any which way necessary. Limos are not overly expensive - but you may wish to get the money from everyone beforehand so you are not left with the bill at the end of the night! If everyone is fairly local - you could just arrange a time and a place for everyone to meet up. If there are older members in the group - maybe arrange a drink early on somewhere quieter, and then move on to something more lively at a certain time - then poeple can join in as little or as much as they like?

babyshakes said:
Yeah - you could try to get hold of a polaroid camera for instant snaps!

Get the bride to write you a list of all the people she wants to invite with their phone numbers/emails/addresses etc - the first thing to do is to make sure everyone knows about it! compile a group correspondance and get a copy to everyone - any which way necessary. Limos are not overly expensive - but you may wish to get the money from everyone beforehand so you are not left with the bill at the end of the night! If everyone is fairly local - you could just arrange a time and a place for everyone to meet up. If there are older members in the group - maybe arrange a drink early on somewhere quieter, and then move on to something more lively at a certain time - then poeple can join in as little or as much as they like?

My two friends organise limo's at least twice a year for their birthdays and the rest of us always chip in about £20 for about 6-7. The limo's here always give you one free disposable camera too .. and a sexy limo driver :wink2:

Or you could hire out a fire engine - I am sure its nationwide!!! We went in one for my friends birthday!!!

CadenceAlex said:
My two friends organise limo's at least twice a year for their birthdays and the rest of us always chip in about £20 for about 6-7. The limo's here always give you one free disposable camera too .. and a sexy limo driver :wink2:

Or you could hire out a fire engine - I am sure its nationwide!!! We went in one for my friends birthday!!!

A fire engine?? haha. I heard it all now!! How brill! :green:

Tsia said:
A fire engine?? haha. I heard it all now!! How brill! :green:

Its a moderated one - full of that fake smoke stuff and glasses/cheap fizzy wine/music and only one 'fireman' (the one we had had brought his girlfriend out with him, and she was sat up the front snarling at us all!!!) - the friend whose birthday it was could not disguise her disgust, and being the diva that she is, complained like a broken record (drink does that!) - it didn't help that we got stuck going over the bridge whilst a ship was coming through so we got into Liverpool about half an hour late... then when we all tried to go into a club we were told members only!!! I thought that was funny but she didn't - she was furiously embarassed!!!

Hi

Just replyed, BIG MASSIVE email and deleated it! Dooh. Will start again but be brief...

Saw that place on the TV, was on a life swap program where the poor girls swapped lives with the rich ones, looks good.

Try making a dare braclett for the hen, real funny, heres how.
1- Get a hair bobble, ribbon or a piece of elastic and chop it, this is so you can thread card on and then tie it around the Hens wrist.
2- Cut some card in the shape of small willies and punch a hole in the end, usualy as many as the number of people on the party.
3- whaen you get to your meeting place, ask all of the girlies to write one or two cards out with dares on them.
4- Give the hen her bracelett and tell her that when she has completed all of the dares, she can go home!

Done this with my mate and she loved it, got some very strange photo's....... mens socks
men with my bra on
Hen dancing out of tune to the time warp

xx

I organised my sisters hen, well she had 2 and I did both (one in marbella and one in London).
Email all the people she wants to go and work out how much all the party bits and bobs come to and tell them to send you a cheque...this makes life easier so you won't feel awkward on the day asking for money. Also tell them that on the night there will be a kitty and ask everyone to put in a tenner or something. That should last a while, then after that people that still want to drink can buy thier own.
I had a draw string bag and filled it with dares folded up on little bits of paper, this went down VERY well and if she won't do the dare she must down her drink but she can pass a maximum of 2 dares to another "hen" member!
Over the course of the night just shake up the bag and make her pick out a dare, it is sooooo funny if they are up for a laugh!
(pm me hun if you need some dares, I can think of loads!)

xxxx

Pickle said:
I organised my sisters hen, well she had 2 and I did both (one in marbella and one in London).
Email all the people she wants to go and work out how much all the party bits and bobs come to and tell them to send you a cheque...this makes life easier so you won't feel awkward on the day asking for money. Also tell them that on the night there will be a kitty and ask everyone to put in a tenner or something. That should last a while, then after that people that still want to drink can buy thier own.
I had a draw string bad and filled it with dares folded up on little bits of paper, this went down VERY well and if she won't do the dare she must down her drink but she can pass a maximum of 2 dares to another "hen" member!
Over the course of the night just shake up the bag and make her pick out a dare, it is sooooo funny if they are up for a laugh!
(pm me hun if you need some dares, I can think of loads!)

xxxx
cool! I'll pm you now! xxx

CadenceAlex said:
Its a moderated one - full of that fake smoke stuff and glasses/cheap fizzy wine/music and only one 'fireman' (the one we had had brought his girlfriend out with him, and she was sat up the front snarling at us all!!!) - the friend whose birthday it was could not disguise her disgust, and being the diva that she is, complained like a broken record (drink does that!) - it didn't help that we got stuck going over the bridge whilst a ship was coming through so we got into Liverpool about half an hour late... then when we all tried to go into a club we were told members only!!! I thought that was funny but she didn't - she was furiously embarassed!!!

I went on one of these, it was fun. There were 3 firemen and they didn't bring their girlfriends. They came in every pub and club with us and didn't dance with any other girls except the ones on the party.
I would thoroughly recommend them:lol:

I've been to School dinners for a hennight....its good fun. It is full of other hen and stag parties. When i went it was about 7 years ago and they had a sort of host who arranged loads of games between all the parties....i remember there was a stag party there who were all wearing kilts..and one of the hen's had to whip them all whilst they were bending over....and its true...they dont wear anything underneath!

A few ones i have been on recently have done a Mr and Mrs style quiz...so you could phone up the future groom and ask some personal questions (some a bit rude...obviously) for him to answer....then she has to guess the answers on a multiple choice.

At my sister-in-laws...her friends arranged a competition to see who could put a condom on a cucumber the fastest (with their mouths). It was really embarressing as my mother-in-law was there!!

Hi
I arranged my best friends Hen weekend in marbella. I bought a cheap black Thong from Primark and sewed Polo's all over it. I poped it in my bag just in case things got a bit dull. then made her put it on over her jeans and get blokes to bite them off. She got a lot of attention and loved it!
I suppose you could do the same with a bra.

Jenster said:
Hi
I arranged my best friends Hen weekend in marbella. I bought a cheap black Thong from Primark and sewed Polo's all over it. I poped it in my bag just in case things got a bit dull. then made her put it on over her jeans and get blokes to bite them off. She got a lot of attention and loved it!
I suppose you could do the same with a bra.
Hey! ANother great idea.... keep 'em coming Geekaloids!!
:eek: :lol:

Make for her a "A Buck A Suck" t-shirt ROFL
A buck is slang for a dollar, which I guess is 'pound'. A little bit of a play on words lol
Attach a bunch of lollypops to her tshirt and make sure everyone knows she's the bride to be and so she can collect money for herself to spend on whatever for everyone that buys a lollypop off of her shirt. (bring a bag of spare lollies in case you run out and strangers really get into the spirit of it lol)

I 'witnessed' another hen party where the bride-to-be had to wear a 'blow-up doll' MALE who was anatomically correct ROFL strapped to her back (she was back to back with him/it lol)

Everyone seemed to be laughing and getting quite a hoot out of it. Cracking jokes about the doll's equipment and whether or not it measured up to her hubby etc... hehe

If I think of anything else, will let you know

good luck!

Well, I think Ive got everything sorted. Just gotta get the balloons blown up on my way down there!

Just have to take it easy cos I wont be eating much of that 3 course meal after my Gastric band fill!!

Shall have a great time and tell you all about it when I get back..

Thanks to all your fab suggestions.... most of them are in place! haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back