I'm out of practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL2812

Reaction score
hey everyone, i need help! i'm not working in a salon/spa. I'm fully qualified and now doing a management in beauty degree. I need help on how to do the perfect french polish as i haven't done one in such a long time. please help. all tips welcome. thanks

Personally I use Creative polishes like this:

1. Sticky base.
2. Which ever white the client has selected, one or two coats depending on how intense they want. I start from sides and work into the middle (personal preference only).
3. Pink/neutral coloured coat, again depending on what client wants. Only 1 coat tho as I find it makes the white disappear otherwise.
4. Speed dry top.
5. Solar oil spray, speed dry.

Karaxxx

hey everyone, i need help! i'm not working in a salon/spa. I'm fully qualified and now doing a management in beauty degree. I need help on how to do the perfect french polish as i haven't done one in such a long time. please help. all tips welcome. thanks

Hiya, i'm having same problem french polish is not my strong point, i just practise on friends, I try to do it in one swoop, but sometimes its not always perfect. Its just practise hun really. I did Level 2 beauty last year and now doing Level 3 Beauty and studying Reflexology as well. Did u do your level 3 first before doing a degree? i was looking into doing a HND/foundation degree after I've finished level 3. I think its called Foundation degree in holistic therapies. is that what your doing

One of the key things with french polish finish is to ensure good quality enamel with a brush that fans out.
1. apply base coat x1,
2. neutral or pink x1 - apply in three brush strokes to ensure even coverage starting in the middle of the nail plate, push the brush up to the cuticle and do the same at the side walls. Ensure a hairline gap at cuticle and sidewalls.
3. apply white enamel last for a crisp finish and you can apply going from one side to the other or from side to middle as Kara suggested. The main thing about the white smile line is to ensure all nails have the same shape and size of smile line.

I use a cotton bud dipped in varnish remover to perfect the smile lines on a french manicure..... My free-hand skills are very limited tho
xx

I use a cotton bud dipped in varnish remover to perfect the smile lines on a french manicure..... My free-hand skills are very limited tho
xx

You will find that a fine brush dipped in Nailfresh, will tidy your smile much more neatly and no hairs or fibres will get in your work HTH

I do my white first and my base coat second cos if your tidying up your smile line some of the base coat is removed:)

I agree, I find it much neater by using a brush to perfect the smile.

I brush on the white then tidy it with my brush dipped in varnish remover, then add base coat, pink and finish with super shiny :green:

hope that helps hun x

Latest posts

Back