I'm so fed up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally Martin

Reaction score
I resently had onicholysis and had to wait ages for it to grow out before having enhancements,eventually I had them fitted by another cnd trained tech. I did'nt mention straight away that I also had done my 4 day foundation with cnd (September this year) and thought I would just sit back and watch a professional at work. BIG mistake! It turned out that she had just passed her training in November (last week) and was working in a salon advertising Creative. After paying £28. for a full set ,they lasted 1 day before coming off leaving me with onicholysis. How can any one class themselves as professionals after 4 days training . Seeing the creative sign I thought that after all the information you recieve on the course the NAIL TECH would realise that you are not professional until you have done a lot more practise and can't set up in business straight away. I am now back to square one with my nails and could use any advice on how to return my nails back to a condition where I can have some enhancements fitted.
Thanx for any replies in advance as it takes me so long to use the computor

Sally Martin said:
I resently had onicholysis and had to wait ages for it to grow out before having enhancements,eventually I had them fitted by another cnd trained tech. I did'nt mention straight away that I also had done my 4 day foundation with cnd (September this year) and thought I would just sit back and watch a professional at work. BIG mistake! It turned out that she had just passed her training in November (last week) and was working in a salon advertising Creative. After paying £28. for a full set ,they lasted 1 day before coming off leaving me with onicholysis. How can any one class themselves as professionals after 4 days training . Seeing the creative sign I thought that after all the information you recieve on the course the NAIL TECH would realise that you are not professional until you have done a lot more practise and can't set up in business straight away. I am now back to square one with my nails and could use any advice on how to return my nails back to a condition where I can have some enhancements fitted.
Thanx for any replies in advance as it takes me so long to use the computor
I am sorry to hear about your experience and truthfully it highlights the fact that everyone should ask the nail technician who is working on them just how long they have been doing nails and even to see their certificate.

You may think this sounds strange, but If I go to a new Beauty therapist I always ask about their experience. We are entitled to that sort of information when we ware footing the bill.

Many salons send girls on courses and expect them to be productive in the salon immediately they return from the course .... ridiculous.
No one is a professional after 4 days, and CND never claim that they will be. But salon owners who have paid for courses want their money back a soon as possible and do this kind of thing often, puling the wool over their client's eyes..

As for the onycholysis. It is most unusual for this to happen to anyone unless the 'technician' totally over filed your nails (can't believe you would let her do this) or unless your nails are ultra thin to begin with or used way too wet a mix ratio. Use solarOil every day both on top and underneath the natural nail. This will keep the nail bed soft and supple so that the nail will re-attach more easily.

To be fair to the nail tech, my nails are very thin and she used white tips and did'nt do any filing. Thanx for the advice, I did'nt know to put solar oil under the nail bed

Latest posts

Back