I'm soo excited!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasha1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my boyfriend just rang me to say there is a place available in the business park where he works which would suit a salon...... The rent is VERY reasonable and I spoke to my friend who is a hairdresser (rents a chair at mo- and has alot of clients!) and she is interested!
Thing is- I did beauty therapy in 2004 but just been working in an office since- havent really practised it alot alto would do waxing etc on friends. I recently did a spray tan course and 2-day gel nail course. I have been doing clients everynight after my day job and feel pretty confident. I would have said 2 day course wasnt enough- but I have had my own nails done for years and have always had a huge interest in nails so therefore I picked it up pretty quick!
Do you think I would be rushing into this if we took the place on??? Would eventually like to do massage etc also.
Im soooo fed up in my office job- its def not for me, and thinking I could have my own salon is making me sooo excited!!!!
What you guys think??xxx

Anyone!!!??? xx

Tbh, it's a tricky one for other people to answer for you...... Only you know whether you're confident enough of your skills to run a business from them. Here are some things you need to consider:

Are your times good enough?
Are your skills up to date?
What products ranges would you use?
Have you got the money to stock the salon?
How would you attract new clients?
How many clients do you need to make a profit?

There are loads of other things too....... I'm not expecting you to answer these questions here!

Ultimately, it's a decision that only you can make......

hth's

hi,
If you feel confident then YES go for it, you dont want to look back in a year and say "what if"
i took the jump a year and a half ago after having a 2 year break and its the best thing i ever done!
Good Luck x:biggrin:

as long as you are confident that you can cover the rent and overheads every month and make a wage, otherwise don't give up your day job.

I took the plunge one year ago this week. I had an open night on Tuesday and it went fantastic. It has been a hard year especially Jan & Feb but I wouldnt change for the world.

Where are you based in NI?? Im in Co Down and will happily give you some ideas and point you in the right direction. PM me if interested.

and Good Luck xx :hug:

I have just opened up a health & beauty salon in August and like you it was an offer too good to let go. I would just say that if you go for it, plan your budget and then treble it. I was told this and I didn't believ it, but it was true. The set up costs are far more than you think they will be. However it is really good having your own place and it sure beats working in an office! Good luck

You lucy thing, you have already completed your beauty therapy course, done some recent treatments, I would go for it, you have some geeks on this thread who are willing and experienced to help you, good luck in making your decisions and keep us posted. :)

Think i've persuaded my boyfriend to take charge- rent a chair to a couple of hair stylists.. That will cover all rent and will mean I can work rent free! Probably work somewhere part time so im guaranteed a wage then in salon part time until I build up clients!! Ill keep yous posted!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back