im soooooo stupid and advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
im sooo angry with my self last week. i done a full refund for 2 people, who my only 2 people in a whole 4 years me working didnt like there spray tan. i didnt even offer a free spray, i just give them there money back i checked areas but they looked like they been touching their tan etc...

how do u check a spray tan, one of the girls i worked with said they prob girls go around salons and moan... and i should made them go in the room take their clothes off and check. then respray them again. and if they said no, i be like i cant offer u a refund.

ahhhh i feel so stupid now and angry

what do you do when people complain... :cry::cry::cry:

You need to have a complaints policy. take some time this evening and sit down and write one. It doesnt have to be lengthy or even for anyone else but you to see.

My complaints policy re spray tan is this:

I give pre care advice , on the phone and in writing and I always check that the client has followed it, if they havent then I tell them at the time of the tan that I cant be held responsible. No refund etc...

WHen I have done the tan I insist they wear correct clothing etc, if they dont then I explain that I cant be held responsible ( I always tell them what I expect them to wear AND its on my price list. No refund

If they are not happy (only had two in 3 years thankfully), i ask them to return so i can see the problem, if they cant come back the very next day, no refund.

2 of the 3 complaints were about the tan lookin gpatchy HOWEVER on cloer inspection they still had lots of guide on and when they reshowered it was fine.

The third one had also not followed my advice and had kept her tan on for a whopping 23 hours!!! ( la tan is 8 hours max). so sorry, but no refund there either.

When people complain you need to stay calm and in charge, find out exaclt ywhat the problem is. IF it was a case of I had missed part of them and was my fault then I would without doubt refund and offer a free one . If its down to colour, they wanted ligther or darker then sorry but my consult is very very indepth and so I am not going to be held responsible if they have gone against my advice.

Try not stress, its time for you to put a policy in place and work by it. then at least when or if another complaint comes in you will be ready.

If you think they touched their tan , then you need to say so. the ymight have done whilst asleep etc but its still not your fault! checking a tan is simple ask them to how you the areas they are not happy with and look over it. if they need to get undressed again so be it, they wont mind if they are genuine and its shows you care and are keen to listen to them.
tigi
xxx

I loved your advice I havent had anyone complain yet but I am sure I will one day. x

Latest posts

Back