In business with a friend!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
Hi, I just wondered if any of you have set up a successful joint beauty business (salon) with a friend and what other things need to be discussed, if any, due to the fact it is a joint business, prior to starting out.

Thank you x

Other geeks may have positive things to say about this but in my opinion DON'T DO IT. There is no such thing as friends & business. Somewhere along the line it may not work out & then that's your friendship gone.

I have found out to my cost only this week that you can only trust yourself where business & money are concerned.

I would only do it if my friend and I had similar ideas of where the business will go, similar finance ideas and a balance of skills between us.

I have one friend I would LOVE to set up with. We work fab together, but she is the one and only friend I'd consider.

IMO, don't.

A friend of mine went in with a 'friend' who ended up running of with most of her hard earned cash, not payed ANY bills and nearly ruined a very good business in it's first year. :eek:

So, if you do decide to. Pick your friendly business partner VERY carefully. :hug:

xx

Latest posts

Back