In house training Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxygirl

Reaction score
Hi geeks, as the heading says.. I'm after some info on 'in house' training in Australia. Can you study at a cert 3 level then go to a salon and be taught what is covered in cert4/diploma and be 'qualified' ...I'm confused! It doesn't seem right in a sense when so many like us have worked so hard for a high qualification....

In Australia you can do a three year apprenticeship and you become a qualified hairdresser and complete your cert 3, you attend college one day a week and for the first two years you're pretty much doing in salon training and for the third year it's experience.
You can also fast track cert 3, in most colleges it's 12 months full time some colleges are 18 months.
Cert 4 and diploma can only be done through a part time or full time course at college not through an apprenticeship.
Hope that helps :)) x

Oh and cert 4 and the diploma are only 6 months full time (3days a week)
They only teach you cutting and colouring techniques that aren't included in the cert 3 and the diploma is salon management.
Xx

Thankyou for that.. I didn't specify this morning when I wrote this haha.. I meant in Regards to Beauty Therapy..

Thankyou for that.. I didn't specify this morning when I wrote this haha.. I meant in Regards to Beauty Therapy..

Oh haha!
It's the same as hair Hun... The only thing is if you want to do an apprenticeship you do your cert 3 and 4(I'm pretty sure)
There's no point in doing your cert 3 and 4, they only qualify you in massage, nails, facials and waxing. If you do the diploma you'll learn EVERYTHING.
Keep in mind, beauty apprenticeships are REALLY hard to find, most people just do the full time college course.
Beauty apprenticeships are pretty popular in NSW, I'm in Melbourne and there aren't any here at all because everyone does it in college.

Oh right thanks. I didn't realise people still offered traineeships.

Latest posts

Back