Incompatiblity tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalou061987

Reaction score
Do you guys but a perm lotion purely for the incompatibility test or do you do it another way? I don't do perms so it's not something I stock!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Something I was wondering also...commenting so I see the answer ;)

Hey Hun! Had no replies so I went and brought a perm kit just for this test. Was on offer for £2.95 plus vat so didn't mind wasting the neutraliser! But at least I have it! Just seems a waste :/

Spoke to my tutor at college and she said go to the chemist they have small bottle of peroxide for a £1 and small bottles of ammonia which does for the incompatibility test! Just brought the small bottle of peroxide instead of a large bottle from the supply store. £1.09!! Already have the perm lotion now but I'm going there when it runs out!

Spoke to my tutor at college and she said go to the chemist they have small bottle of peroxide for a £1 and small bottles of ammonia which does for the incompatibility test! Just brought the small bottle of peroxide instead of a large bottle from the supply store. £1.09!! Already have the perm lotion now but I'm going there when it runs out!

Oh that's a good idea!

Now I might be being completely stupid right now (plus it's been 12 years since I started hairdressing) but if the client is only ever going to get colour, no perms, then why do we have to add perm lotion into the peroxide for incompatibility tests??

Oh that's a good idea!

Now I might be being completely stupid right now (plus it's been 12 years since I started hairdressing) but if the client is only ever going to get colour, no perms, then why do we have to add perm lotion into the peroxide for incompatibility tests??

To check for metallic salts .

Basically its more commonly known in box colours . So if someone turns round to u and say I use a nice n easy I would definately do the test coz sometimes proffesional hairtints and perms react with it . the test will start bubbling if its reacting . Google it its what im doing to refresh my memory on it all x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Basically its more commonly known in box colours . So if someone turns round to u and say I use a nice n easy I would definately do the test coz sometimes proffesional hairtints and perms react with it . the test will start bubbling if its reacting . Google it its what im doing to refresh my memory on it all x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No I know why we do the test and what would happen if there was a reaction, I was just wondering why you need to add perm lotion to the peroxide to test the hair if the client is only getting colour ?

The ammonia and hydrogen peroxide mixed together will react with metals x

Hiya, I hope this answer can help. Incompatibility test must be carried out before any chemical service. Hair colouring service is classed as a chemical service therefore the hair must be tested. When adding the perming lotion, it's the ammonia in the perming lotion helps to swell and lift the cuticle scales.

...to enable penetration to the cortex.

Latest posts

Back