Increased sickness since being mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolaluise

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks, is anyone else mobile and sick of being sick???

I have never had so many coughs, colds, bugs or viruses as I have since being mobile!

When I was salon based i was unlucky if I got sick once a year, I think in my last salon (6 years there) I was ill about 4/5 times, I have been off ill about 4/5 times in this past 12 months alone.

I'm fed up of it now.

I would rather my clients cancel than infect me, I lose more money being off than I would if that 1 client just cancelled :(

Sorry for the groan peeps xxx

I totally agree with the above. I had so many clients that had forgotten to mention they were ill until I was already there grrrr.
One forgot to mention they all were in the midst of a violent sickness bug!
I lost 3 days in December because of it and had many disgruntled clients that I had to cancel because of it. :(

touch wood i havent had to off from colds but from operations! take vitamins they do help xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Half way through a cut the other day a client told me she was on antibiotics for a scalp infection, the symptoms have gone but was told she would be infectious until her antibiotic course ended.... Yeah thanks love, you don't get a cut for over a year but choose to when your infectious and tell me half way through.
Had to completely disinfect everything using a full arsenal lol, boiling water, bleach, barbicide neat and uv light for scissors,
Combs and collar, the gown was binned because it is fabric and I can't e 100% sure it was clean.

Its just rude and disrespectful xoxo

Omg Tomme I'd be absolutely fuming!

They just don't really care do they?

I've just re-read all texts I sent out this morning and came across one from a client/friend (she's in the same industry too), she text me yesterday asking if I could rearrange her to another day as she's sick (I'm absolutely flat out fully booked all week) told her I only had her app available, she said that's fine then :s then I text her this morning to cancel as I'm really not well enough to work, she replied with "Ok but need it doing ASAP please" where's the compassion lol, it's ok for her to cancel and be sick bit not me grrrr
She also knew last night that there was a chance I'd cancel.

I've just worked out that this is actually my fourth bout of sickness since 12th nov!!! I had that vomiting bug for 3 days, then went on holiday for 17days, came back to work on 5th dec, was sick on the 10th dec for a couple of days, then again the beginning of jan and now !!! WTF???

If I was my employer I'd be having a strong word with me :(

I think I'm going to send a text round to all asking them politely to cancel if they ill as sharing is lovely and all but there's certain things that should be kept to ones self!!

Anti bac always in my bag , its coz we touch chairs surfaces in people's homes and if they are ill we it goes on our hands then we rub our eyes then we get ill :-(

Anti bac always in my bag , its coz we touch chairs surfaces in people's homes and if they are ill we it goes on our hands then we rub our eyes then we get ill :-(

I totally agree, although I'm a stickler for washing my hands.

Latest posts

Back