Individual and Russian lashes thickness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahm2803

Reaction score
Hey, I have just qualified in Russian and classic lashes and have done quite a few sets now but they are all very natural and not that thick or full, the lashes I have are 0.05 and 0.15, please could you advise which thickness and length I would need to create a fuller, thicker and more dramatic look for both individual Classic and russians? I have been making the fans on the Russians but they are still not that dramatic!
Thanks xx

For the classics 0.15 or even 0.12 is a good diameter and for volume 0.05 is lovely. Just remember that you rely on your clients natural lashes too and if your client has got sparse lashes it is more difficult to create a fuller look than on a fuller lash line. When you apply fans you can choose how many lashes you pick up (also depends which weight your client can support) so if the lashes are strong and healthy you can create bigger fans for a fuller look.
Try checking that you are lashing each natural lash and keep the length short as that will naturally create a fuller look.

That's brilliant thank you so much for the advice, may be I am using the longer lashes more which is making them look less full. Would you recommend the c or d curl or a mixture of both?

Thanks x

We find C and CC curl most popular at the moment but it also depends on your clients lashes and eye shape but they can give a really nice style x

We find C and CC curl most popular at the moment but it also depends on your clients lashes and eye shape but they can give a really nice style x
Thank you! And do you always recommend making your own fans and not buying them pre made for Russians/fuller lashes (I know that you can only call them Russians if you make your own) I have tried to make some prior to an appointment just to try help to speed things up while I am still getting used to it, and I just use minimal glue so that they aren't having a big build up when you stick them on! I think I'm just panicking about people spending like 3 hours whilst I'm trying to fiddle about making the fans lol! I just want them to be perfect but it's so difficult ha! Xx

Thank you! And do you always recommend making your own fans and not buying them pre made for Russians/fuller lashes (I know that you can only call them Russians if you make your own) I have tried to make some prior to an appointment just to try help to speed things up while I am still getting used to it, and I just use minimal glue so that they aren't having a big build up when you stick them on! I think I'm just panicking about people spending like 3 hours whilst I'm trying to fiddle about making the fans lol! I just want them to be perfect but it's so difficult ha! Xx
No, I don't think there is anything wrong with using premade fans as long as they are only heat bonded and you make sure you use the correct weights for your clients lashes. You can also use the premades and then add a few handmade fans in to practice and over time you can increase the amount of handmade fans as you get more confident. When you start out I would stick to 3D or 4D mixed with handmade 2D or 3D and then you can build it up from there x

Brill thank you, do you have a preferred supplier or brand for these? Xx

Brill thank you, do you have a preferred supplier or brand for these? Xx
I am a bit biased as I work for flirties so I know the products are good but there are a few other brands with really good premade or volume lashes too and some brands offer to send out samples so you can try the products first before you decide x

Latest posts

Back