Individual Beauty courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsie

Reaction score
Im hoping to incorporate Beauty Services as well as Hair and instead of doing the years Beauty Therapy course, Im thinking of doing lash/brow/tinting/perming, spray tanning, eyelash extensions and waxing. Do you think this a good route to self employment within Beauty? I dont wanna work in a salon as an employee, I want to set up my own business obviously after much practice and confidence.
Also, Im looking at the Carlton Institute in Stockport as a trainer and see you can also gain the NVQ in each individual course which is what I would do too, has anyone done courses there for self employment, if so how have you found it? Was it worth it and do you feel competent after doing it? How long did it take you to feel like you could charge for your services?
Any other company individual courses anyone can recommend near Manchester would also be great....:)
Advice would be much appreciated :)

Fast track courses are great to give you all the information etc you need to perform great treatments but you MUST practice, practice, practice from the moment you finish the course to give you the skills and confidence you need.
If you look on the Guild website and put your postcode in the courses search bit you will see what is available in your area.
Good luck!

Thank you, I`ll do that x

Latest posts

Back