Indulgence night!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
Hi!

Just had to post because i'm soooooo excited!

My advert went up on yell.com yesterday and I already had a call from it! I have been asked if i would like to have a stall at an indulgence evening for charity.

I have been thinking about it all afternoon...

I am going to offer mini manicures and nail art and retail solar oil and solar butter also a 10% discount on appointments booked on the night.

I thought it would be a good idea to paint and apply acrylic to nail tips put them on stick and stood up in polystyrene (sp) so they can see what i can do.

So if anyone has any ideas, advice or experience of these then please post, i'd love to read them! :D

Cheers!!!
XXXXXX

Just bumping this back up to see if anyone has any advice or tips for me!

Cheers xxxxxxxxx

Why dont you offer a half price toe nail paint when they have a mini manicure. Add some gems and nailtopia stickers too.x

Well done Sarah, how longs the add been in yell for?

I have done these before can be good for getting clients if they have advertised the event enough. Will you be charging?? Make sure you have lots of business cards or price lists etc.

Hi!

Thanks for your replies.

The add went in on wednesday. :)

I will be charging but am a little unsure of pricing. The lady who is running it says that the other therapists charge £5 for 15 mins and £10 for 30mins. so going by this i was thinking a mini manicure for £10 and nail art £5 (what I normally charge) or do you think this is too much and should combine them?

Cheers xxxxx

make sure you take lots of business cards cos you will get a lot of business from doing this.

i'm in college and myself and a few students went to do a health week in sainsburys we offered mini manicures free of charge and we took leaflets with us and since then we have had loads of sainsbury's staff booking in with us in the college salon.

good luck hun

I'd charge a little less than normal as you want to generate interest for future clients rather than making a profit on the actual event. Plenty of business cards & definitely display your nail art, colour pops or similar, or even photos if you have some. Be bright & sparkly to attract attention & grab them as soon as they notice you! Hand out cards to everyone who shows an interest, price lists are a good idea too. I think the 10% off on appointments booked on the day is a great idea. Make sure people are aware of everything you offer & maybe drop in things like "I do lots of nail treatments as gifts for mother's day, birthdays, etc"..hint, hint lol If they don't want a treatment you can bet they'll know someone who will.

nicjill said:
I'd charge a little less than normal as you want to generate interest for future clients rather than making a profit on the actual event. Plenty of business cards & definitely display your nail art, colour pops or similar, or even photos if you have some. Be bright & sparkly to attract attention & grab them as soon as they notice you! Hand out cards to everyone who shows an interest, price lists are a good idea too. I think the 10% off on appointments booked on the day is a great idea. Make sure people are aware of everything you offer & maybe drop in things like "I do lots of nail treatments as gifts for mother's day, birthdays, etc"..hint, hint lol If they don't want a treatment you can bet they'll know someone who will.

yep that's a good idea- do a special offer if booked on the day for mothers day. something like get the 10% off plus a free little pamper bag(file and small nail polish)
OR DO A SPECIAL MOTHER AND DAUGHTER DEAL - PAY FOR DAUGHTER TREATMENT AND GET MUM'S HALF PRICE

The charges are reasonable. I ask this becuase I have done this type of event before and it can be hit or miss. The more successful ones for me are where a small charge is made. I think this is because people will pay if they have been thinking about going for a treatment and or want a taster and are more interested in the treatment you are giving. When I have done this for free people did not buy anything from my stool and I never got any bookings. Definatly go in with an open mind and learn from your experiences though.:lol:

Thanks for all your help guys! I will let you know how i get on!

:) xxxxx

Good luck! lots of examples and buisness cards! :)

Latest posts

Back