Infill blending too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarnails

Reaction score
Hi I did an infill refresher and got told I was blending
the cuticle area too flush on an infill which they said is not
necessary as it wastes rik much time and that is ok to leave
a little ridge. When I did infills today I used clear powder to
match clients other acrylic but you could see the lines of the
Infill underneath . Is it because of clear acrylic or should I
Blend it enough to not be visible under clear acrylic? Trying to
find the balance :(

Who's telling you this? You need to blend until there is not line as lifting could otherwise occur! Plus, it looks better, more natural!

When I do infills and use clear or sheer pink acrylic powder, i don,t leave any prior old acrylic ridge on the nail, i blend until nothing from the prior acrylic can be seen. I cut all lifting (in case there are any) and use a hard grit hand file very gently to erase the prior acrylic line, and white block to smooth and blend more. Even if i use an opaque acrylic, i make sure i don,t leave any ridge of prior acrylic over the nail since is a risk for future lifting and not good for adhesion of the new product.

I understand that if you file too much you can weak the natural nail, so maybe that,s why they told you to leave it like that, but is not correct to leave it like this, they should teach you how to file and blend without causing damage to the natural nail.

Thank you so much yes she thought I was blending too much
And taking too much time not so much the natural nail damage.
Hopefully she will not get lifting I am worried now but will defo
blend next rime

Latest posts

Back