Infill help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy nail

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a step by step guide on how to do infills on IBD gel nails and are infills the same as maintenance and rebalance?????

Its so confusing that everyone seem to call it something different

Please Help

A rebalance is maintenance that restructures the enhancement for correct balance and beauty.

Generally an infill refers to the filling in of the regrowth area.

If one only ever did fill, the nail would soon be out of balance and the client would experience problems.

General guidelines for a rebalance are the same for any system using the appropriate products for your chosen system.

General guidelines for rebalancing can be found at www.designernails.com in the NVQ section under element 3 0r 4 (can't remember which).

Hi ya

I use IBD and infill is done as follows: -

Buff whole nail, leaving free edge nice and thin, buff join where old gel and new nail are, sanatise, add bonder to new nail area (not necessary on old gel as gel will adhear to buffed gel, Cure - I always do bonder curing for 3 minutes and this ensures no lifting, apply layer of clear gel (builder only necessary if heaps of apex creation required) and build up over apex, cure one minute, put layer of ultra seal over the top, wipe - finished.

Hope that helps alternatively go on ibd website, I think it's www.ibdbeauty.com, not entirely sure though, there are tutorials on there.

Kind Regards

I know this is a mega old thread but I just wandered if any technicians out there use this technique in favour of soaking off IBD just gel polish everytime before applying a new colour? X

This thread refers to gel, not gel polish, which is meant to be soaked off.

Ahh that's what I thought! X

Latest posts

Back