Infills, rebalance, lifting, filing, eek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Ok, lets cut straight to the quick (lol!)

Infills! Looks like there is not much lifting going on (buff-off gel) yet when I carefully file away, bits of gel come away, and I am careful not to file on the natural nail, I am sometimes firm, sometimes lighter, but gradually the gel line is getting close to the free edge? I try nail wipe now and then but the gel line still shows, so how can I flipping get rid of it (and just a little bit of gel) so it doesn't show under clear gel?

I know practice will help but at this rate an infill will take longer than a full new set!!!:cry:

use a finer file, 240 grit max, anything harder will "rip" the gel, not actually file and refine it.

Flexible gel is another matter, I just hate it, it's like rubber and won't obey my file at all.

I use a finer file, but still that gel line keeps escaping further away from me? The buff-off gel is ok to file, but the soak off gel is quite rubbery:lol:

But I will try again and just stick with the fine file as I did use a 180 for a little bit which was a bit daft if hardly any lifting showing...maybe do it for longer with the fine file......we never stop learning.....

what gel are you using ?

It's gel from a company that is convieniently situated lose to where I live called Nail Solutions....

It sounds like the gel hasn't really adhered.... All looks well until you start to file and then it crumbles away...? if the gel is 100% adhered then it simply thins and melts into the nail when filing...but using a harsher file can unsettle the gel...kind of rattles it about....so using a finer file may help.

cool....thanx....I will definately practice gentler filing to see if that helps:)

Latest posts

Back