Info on renting a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
I'm currently working from a salon in my home (converted garage)

I unfortunately may be having to move out of my home. (Separating from husband)

There is a salon locally advertising a chair for rent, which I am considering as I don't want to go mobile.

How does renting a chair work?

Do I take my own stock? What about walk-ins? What if I want to work later than the salon opens?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Anyone able to help at all?

:)

Hi there are lots of threads on this ,but all salons work differently ,i use to rent a chair £130 a week came and went as I pleased supplied all my own stuff ,thay will tell you what there set up is but don't agree to it if its not going to suite you ,good luck :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I own a salon and rent chairs out, the way I work it is, I charge £150 a week rent, (100 for first 3 months to help stylist) , the stylist has to provide own tools and colouring products (tints, developers etc) and they have use of our backwash products, styling products, towels, gowns etc. I prefer my stylists who are renting a chair to stick to the full hours as I personally don't like stylists coming in and out as they please, I just like it to be more organised :)
Hope this helps xx

How would I go about it if I want them to use my stock? Take a % rather than set amount?

The girls who rent chairs as I said I charge them a set price and they provide own stock, but my employed girls I give 50% commission and they use my stock... I find this is quite fair xx

Latest posts

Back