Information regarding IPHONES

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
HI ALL

Just wanted to let any geeks who are considering buying the new IPHONE aware of a scam that is going on and my fella fell for it and is now £100 lighter in his pocket.

when he got his iphone last week he took it home and charged it and once charged he activated it on itunes as told by the sales person at the car phone ware house.

5 mins after doing this he received a call from some one saying they where from O2 and they noticed they that he had taken the insurance for the phone with the carphone warehouse and he could offer the insurance through o2 for a better deal

mark liked what he heard and took out the insurance with the man from o2 for £100.

NO HE HAS NOT we have found that once you activate the iphone on the itunes website your details are being taken by a fraudulant company who ring you and pretend to be o2 and get you to take there insurance policy and take your bloody money.

As no one had the phone number mark though it could only be o2 and thought nothing off it.

we received a single sheet of paper yesterday from this bogus company stating we are now covered and when mark rang the company the number is a dead line......

alarm bells started ringing when the policy from the carphone warehouse came that mark hadnt cancelled (thank god) and with it a BEWARE LEAFLET explaing that bogus calls where being made selling insurance and most are a company with a swansea address and when we checked the certificate from the fake company we found it was a swansea address......

Im so bloody mad as o2 and carphone warehouse KNOW ABOUT THIS HAPPENING but never told us at the point when we where buying the bloody phone as they dont want people put off buying there latest new design.

We have had to get a new card sent out now for marks account as they have his card details

how can people sleep knowing they are ripping people off like this .

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Can the credit card company do anything?

no hunnie as it was a debit card

we contacted the halifax last night and they just tell you to contact OFFCOM

halifax can not trace where my money went to either

no one can stop these people and it is quite scary to think they could have taken all marks money from his account

He learnt his lesson unfortunately :(

I make it a point never to sign up for anything offered over the phone via a cold call. I hate telemarketers.

no hunnie as it was a debit card

we contacted the halifax last night and they just tell you to contact OFFCOM

halifax can not trace where my money went to either

no one can stop these people and it is quite scary to think they could have taken all marks money from his account

Id go into your Halifax branch tomorrow and get another opinion , I ALWAYS speak to more than one person, because sometimes you get two different answers.

I know its slightly different situation , but someone got hold of my card details and used my details to gamble online, I went into my bank ,reported this transaction on my debit card ,and the bank refunded me in the end ,I also reported it to the police ...but didnt get any feedback from them.

Id also take a copy of the report online with this scam going on,...why should you loose out on the money your the innoccent one .!!

thats disgusting , they should warn people as soon as they buy a fone that it can happen !!

also hun , you might be able to get your money back , i think theres a clause on a debit card thing (i read it yesterday on ww.moneysavingexpert.com )go on there and have a read xxxxx

Latest posts

Back