Ingrown hairs nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexielou

Reaction score
Hey Geeks ,
I'm looking for some advice , i have been doing intimate waxing for years but lately I am having a real problem with ingrown hairs !!
I am Kim Lawless trained and have recently swapped to Perron Rigot Euronlonde so the wax is new to me .
But lately I have noticed lots of my clients coming back with really bad inflammed ingrown hairs !
I am now worried it's me , as I heard if you snap the hair it can cause ingrowns?
How do I know am snapping the hair ?
The area always feels smooth when I'm finished the wax .
It's really getting me down lately and I feel I am losing my confidence .
Also do you attempt to remove the ingrown if it's inflamed and it involves the breaking the skin ?
Any advice would be fab
Thanks x

I have problems with ingrown hairs also.
A good body wash for in the shower like australian body care as it contains tea tree. (if just across the top of area obviously not more intimate areas)
Are your clients exfoliating in between treatments? i find a small body brush on dry skin before showering to be the best. ive also got the 'bit of rough' exfoliating cloth too which i use if im short of time!
Are you recommending any creams to use on tthe area after waxing?
Personally after intimate waxing i use sudacream (safe to use around the area and antiseptic properties- i always use the night after waxing appointment and leave over night i find the redness goes down considerably overnight- i would always stick to the salonn products for in sal0n use though this is something ive found useful for myself)

HTH

I use tend skin ingrown hairs. You can try it and you can order it online.

I have problems with ingrown hairs also.
A good body wash for in the shower like australian body care as it contains tea tree. (if just across the top of area obviously not more intimate areas)
Are your clients exfoliating in between treatments? i find a small body brush on dry skin before showering to be the best. ive also got the 'bit of rough' exfoliating cloth too which i use if im short of time!
Are you recommending any creams to use on tthe area after waxing?
Personally after intimate waxing i use sudacream (safe to use around the area and antiseptic properties- i always use the night after waxing appointment and leave over night i find the redness goes down considerably overnight- i would always stick to the salonn products for in sal0n use though this is something ive found useful for myself)

HTH

Latest posts

Back