Ink London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl1990

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Looking for some feedback on Ink London? An advice is most welcome as I am thinking about purchasing some!

I use INK London and love it. Is there anything in particular you are wanting feedback about?

I use INK London and love it. Is there anything in particular you are wanting feedback about?

I have heard it needs more then 2 coats but then some say It doesn't! its so hard to find a brand that fits perfectly lol. do you get full coverage in 2 coats? how long have you been using it for? also I'm having issues with my current brand peeling my clients nails, they are removed properly everytime but it keeps happening. do you find this happens with INK?

I have heard it needs more then 2 coats but then some say It doesn't! its so hard to find a brand that fits perfectly lol. do you get full coverage in 2 coats? how long have you been using it for? also I'm having issues with my current brand peeling my clients nails, they are removed properly everytime but it keeps happening. do you find this happens with INK?

Personally I have never needed more than 2 coats. ILac needs to be stirred really well and then shake the bottle. I do this as soon as the client has chosen their colour, before I start prepping etc so the gel has had time to slide off the brush stalk back into the bottle. I have always found it applies beautifully and lasts really well. I use Flubber (Fluid Rubber Base) instead of any of their other bases as all my clients like the extra strength it gives. I haven't had any issues of peeling at all, but I do use INK 's lamp, so I know it's properly cured.
I've been using INK since October 2017. They're a lovely company to deal with and they've got a very supportive Facebook group. Unlike a lot of smaller brands, they have a chemist and they produce their own products - they're not bought in from China or the USA, everything including labels are produced in the EU so they don't contain any illegal chemicals (so you won't find cat's eye or thermal colour change gels). They keep their prices low because they sell direct to us, the customers, and they only sell to qualified nail techs.

Hi, I only use Ink, usually two coats, only a couple of colours need three. I also use flubber base coat, it’s much stronger than the normal base x

The soak off is amazing with Ink. Definitely the quickest. I use the XLac so no base, no top - just two coats of the polish and you're done.

The soak off is amazing with Ink. Definitely the quickest. I use the XLac so no base, no top - just two coats of the polish and you're done.

X-lac will be easy to remove because it's not designed to last as long as iLac (although it can on toes).
If iLac is applied over Flubber (which is what I always use as a base), it does take quite a lot longer to remove, but that's usually the price you have to pay for longer lasting products.

Latest posts

Back