Insurance Adice please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooBaby

Reaction score
Hi Gorgeous Geekies

I am soon to qualify in july with my NVQ 2 hairdressing, and already have a few clients doing mobile hairdressing, which Insurance providers are the best to go with please? Any advice welcome thanks!! xxxxxxx

I know here I'd go through my provincial cosmetology association, they have a company lined up that offers liability insurance through them.

you can use any ins company, all u need is public liability, normally under £10 a month:biggrin:

I get my liability insurance through Woodgates, it is technically a beauty insurance policy but covers all aspects of hairdressing - so long as you have the relevant qualifications! It's these little details you have to be sure of - the policy says I'm covered for all sorts of wierd and wonderful beauty treatments, but because I'm not trained in that field it would (obviously) be invalid! It's very reasonable anyway, about £50 a year, I think their idea was that so many freelance hairdressers did not have proper cover, if they offered one cheap enough everyone would be safer!

oh yeah, they're at woodgates.co.uk or 01622 740000
Cheers! x

Hi, we can offer cover for £46.67 noting £1 million for Public Liability/ Hairdressers Treatment Risk Insurance cover; this is based on you having 12 months continuous hairdressing experience.

Feel free to complete our online enquiry form - the link is "please leave your details here". We will then contact you.
Freelance Hair & Beauty Insurance

If obtaining quotes, always check the Hairdressers Treatment Risk Wording. Most insurers will not deem you "qualified" until you have had 2 or possibly 3 years continuous hairdressing experience.

We are aware that Training Schools/ Academies offer a Fast Track for NVQ2.

Good luck with the future/ business.

Gary - Just Hair Insurance
www.just-hair-insurance.co.uk

Hiya, I use Salon Gold it costs about £40 a year

New facility arranged and available now.

Public Liability Insurance/ Treatment cover (£3 million) can be arranged from £36.50 with 2 years experience or from £75 if you have 6 months experience (£1 million cover) and hold an NVQ Level 2 Certificate.

For more info or apply on line, visit us at
Freelance Hair & Beauty Insurance

Good luck with the business.

Salon gold is £40 a month. xx

i use salon gold

Latest posts

Back