Insurance-am I covered/qualified?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Having a bit of a 'mare with regards to wether Im covered by my insurance or not. Hoping someone can help me out here please...
I have my CND Foundation L&P certificate and am interested in doing some other courses such as waxing and tinting. Have just spoke to my insurance company to check if Id be covered and still none the wiser now Im even doubting wether Im covered as a nail tech with my creative certificate. I was told that unless Ive done something in A&P I 'probably' wont be:eek: What do I have to do the lady was lovely but after ringing for the second time now I feel rather dumb if I ring back and start this am I arent I thing again-just cant seem to get a straight answer.
I mentioned that the course is accredited by HABIA and that you get so many cpd points but they said 'whats/whos that?!'
Doesnt any of the insurance companies have a list of specific courses that theyll cover?!!!! Can you do a specific course in A&P? Im a bit lost lol XX:rolleyes:

Who are you insured with ? x

Professional Beauty, the lady said 'well it depends what your certificate says' surely what it says on a certificate doesnt dictate wether your insurable or qualified-I just presumed they would have a list of all training providers/courses they acknowledged.
Might change over to The Beauty Guild, they've got a list online you can check with. Not slating anyone, it may just be a misunderstanding but its a complete waste of money if they dont even know wether Im insured or not!! x

I would imagine once you have done the training and have the certificate you are covered.

Is your insurance just for the nail technician ? Maybe that is what she means x

Its an all round hair,beauty and nail cover, I got that one cos I knew Id need it when I qualify in may aswell as for my nails. I asked her as a general question about being covered but just got that reply...Well its pointless being with them if they cant give me a 'yes your covered' or 'sorry no you aint!'. All she said was 'have you done some sort of A&P course? If not your not covered' then when I asked more it changed to 'well it depends what it says on your certificate' . Going to change and go with the Guild I think and make sure Im definitely covered for the courses Ive done. Just wish I knew incase I am covered and save throwing what Ive paid down the drain. xx

Latest posts

Back