Insurance cover building needed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Before I sort out my insurance cover for my salon I just wanted to check if I already have building insurance with my landlord that I contribute to do I need to have it with my beauty insurance?

What do I actually legally need insurance for? Public liability and the treatments I do and contents insurance?

When sorting out my beauty insurance the insurance company always asks about the building- what roof it has what's it made from Etc - surely they don't need to know that as I don't need building insureance- I already have this.

(My landlord is abit of a nightmare to get hold of and as i am wanting to get this sorted soon I'm hoping not to have to find this out)

Before I sort out my insurance cover for my salon I just wanted to check if I already have building insurance with my landlord that I contribute to do I need to have it with my beauty insurance?

What do I actually legally need insurance for? Public liability and the treatments I do and contents insurance?

When sorting out my beauty insurance the insurance company always asks about the building- what roof it has what's it made from Etc - surely they don't need to know that as I don't need building insureance- I already have this.

(My landlord is abit of a nightmare to get hold of and as i am wanting to get this sorted soon I'm hoping not to have to find this out)

Hi

It's unusual for the Rentee to pay the building insurance but I have seen this before where the room rented is a separate annex, but either way, you should check your contract to confirm.

I guess the insurance company ask the roof type so they know how protected your contents are during extreme rain?

Latest posts

Back