Insurance for sickness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Hello all just wondering all you self employed geeks do you have insurance for if you fall sick/ break anything (God forbid)
It's just I'm looking to get some and didn't really know what to look for. What does it pay out? Do you get monthly pay till you're better etc
Thanks
Charlotte

It's a difficult question to answer. I have nothing in place except our good old benefit system. I have read far too many stories of people paying into a plan and confidently thinking they're covered only to discover in the small print they're not. As you can't know what will strike you down it can be a very grey area!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have Westfield, which I was so glad for when I got appendicitis at the beginning of the year! It doesn't cover me for much, just £35 or thereabouts for every night for the 7 days I was in hospital. Not a lot, but better than nothing as I'm not eligible for sick pay nor ESA!

It also covers my contact lenses, glasses, dentist, maternity benefits and chiropodist :) xx

I have Westfield, which I was so glad for when I got appendicitis at the beginning of the year! It doesn't cover me for much, just £35 or thereabouts for every night for the 7 days I was in hospital. Not a lot, but better than nothing as I'm not eligible for sick pay nor ESA!

It also covers my contact lenses, glasses, dentist, maternity benefits and chiropodist :) xx

How much is that roughly?

My partner has a cover with Lloyd's bank, it's £17 a month, they will pay out his average earnings a month but he has to be out of work for 4 or 5 weeks before they pay then they back date it. I think most are only worth it if you are going to be out of work for quite a long time.

Latest posts

Back