Insurance when working on under 18's?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
hi, my insurance is with salon gold. They have told me that when working on under 18's the parental consent forms / disclaimers arent worth the paper they are written on these days!
They said that if i work on someone under 18 they have until they reach they age of 18yrs plus the standard 3 years on top of that if they wanted to claim, so it is up to me if i want to provide treatments on under 18's - i should use my discretion..

They didnt say this when i insured with them last year, i had checked then and they never said all this? Is this just a general thing now and should i be more weary about working in younger clients? I no little miss manicure parties and childrens manicures which are really popular! Would you say i should rethink this now or carry on as normal?

I wouldn't do nail extensions on anyone under 16.. so its really the manicures / pedicures that id be doing..

hi, my insurance is with salon gold. They have told me that when working on under 18's the parental consent forms / disclaimers arent worth the paper they are written on these days!
They said that if i work on someone under 18 they have until they reach they age of 18yrs plus the standard 3 years on top of that if they wanted to claim, so it is up to me if i want to provide treatments on under 18's - i should use my discretion..

They didnt say this when i insured with them last year, i had checked then and they never said all this? Is this just a general thing now and should i be more weary about working in younger clients? I no little miss manicure parties and childrens manicures which are really popular! Would you say i should rethink this now or carry on as normal?

I wouldn't do nail extensions on anyone under 16.. so its really the manicures / pedicures that id be doing..

Our college tutor told us that too - in fact even though a client signs a consultation card they can still make a claim against you - it's up to you to prove that you informed the client of everything and worked safely with due care, which of course is why they are so important to complete fully and signed - to protect your own back!!

I wouldn't be scared off though - just make sure that the minor has an adult with them to complete the card and publish leaflets explaining the contra indications/contra actions & aftercare etc and ask them to read them and sign the consultation card to say that they received and understood them. Its your back up in case they do try to claim against you. Hth's :hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back