Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Dec 22, 2015
Reaction score
Hi can people tell me who they insured with and how much it is and how it works have you ever had to use it? Thanks
Hi ....I got my ins with the company that provides my house ins as my room is at the back of my house ..I was told if I got separate ins it would render my house ins invalid ....hope that helps hun ....only cost me xtra £125 ....covers my stock ...liability etc ....worth a word with ur present insurer ....x

We offer individual polices (which let you work from home, work mobile or rent a treatment room within a salon which you do not own) and you can add cover for £5k of contents. If you have a look at our website you can see all the prices but the liability policy for a nail tech is under £40 for a whole year. If you own a salon we do insurance for those too. Please give us a call on 0345 605 8670 and we'd be delighted to find you a policy and price that suits your needs!

Best wishes
The Professional Beauty Direct
When I looked fur
Oops is it not true that your house buildings n contents are deemed invalid . When u take out a policy for a room in ur house ....due to the obvious presence of visitors for business purpose so therefore more risk ? ...x
I'm in Canada, and I work out of my house. Not sure if the regulations are different. But my house insurance told my to get separate insurance - which I did. Because house insurance doesn't cover my business stuff. As well if I never got insurance and a fire broke out in my treatment room and burned the rest of my house (if I didn't have my treatment room insured) my house insurance would be void. Hopefully that makes sense.

The best thing to do would be to talk to your house insurance company. That's what I did to make sure that it was all done right.

Latest posts