Intense hairdressing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I’m new to this site and I’m 37 and wanting to do an intense hairdressing course,I’ve wabted to do it for years but can’t afford to give my full time job up to train for 2-3 years.Any recommendation’s on where to train? I’m close to Birmingham.
Louise

Lots of colleges and traing centres offer fast track hairdressing courses that will offer a basic hairdressing qualification within a year. I know Bristol City college used to run a fast track course on a Saturday so it’s worth googling hairdresssing training courses and ringing your local providers.
HOWEVER, if you do a one year course, it’s likely that you will not be competent enough in cutting and colouring to gain employment or work independently as hairdressing is a practical skill that takes many hours of practice to master so you need to be realistic in your expectations.

I did something like what you’re doing but cut down to part time. I did 1 day a week in a college and 1 day a week volunteering as a junior in a salon. I was 32 btw lol luckily I met some brilliant people working there who went on to help me get a job as a junior stylist in a salon. It was the best decision ever. Good luck, it’s not easy but no reason why you shouldn’t succeed. Even if you don’t feel 100% confident in the right job you’ll find support.

Latest posts

Back