Intensive 5+ day Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pammiid

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm just about to complete my VTCT Diploma in Aromatherapy which I started in September 2009 - I'll then be a qualified Aromatherapist! YAY all the hard workz paying off finally!

Anywayz I just wondered what the "Intensive" courses could teach me that a yearz course couldn't?

I want to delve into the Beauty side (along with Holistics) and places like XYZ can have me trained and ready to be insured in Beauty in 5-7 days?? Or become a hairdresser in 5 days?

How can this be?

Are these courses too good to be true?

Is there anywhere that this is worthwhile?

Surely qualifications are gained over a more respectful 3 month+ period?

Can anyone thoroughly recommend a 'fast track' course that can let me loose on the public in 5-7 days?

Or do I stick with the path of courses at college?

Thanx Geeks for any help you can give

Love Px

PS no disrespect meant to anyone, I just wonder if I could be a Pilot or dentist in 5 days?

anyone able to help with my query?

Thanks
Px

sorry, just spent ages writing a reply and it disappeared!

in a nutshell,

fast track courses are geared towards people who have gone down the college route and have already covered health and safety, business skills, consultation skills, reception work, filing, anatomy & physiology and the course matter itself.

short CPD courses or fast-track courses will have the work in your manual to refresh your memory but it concentrates on the new skill at hand. You would cover what was relevant to the course itself, ie contra-indications, benefits, history and development, and the practical work.

why go over all the same old work? You want to learn a new add-on therapy, do you really want to sit in a classroom and go over fire extinguishers again before you can learn a new massage?

I did 3 x 1 year college courses and was extremely frustrated that I had to sit through another class on health and safety act 1974, and how to do a consultation. After the 3 years I started dipping my toe into short courses and found it was just what I wanted.

some people settle better into a year long college course, others prefer to learn at a quicker pace. short courses don't suit everyone but its good to know that the facility is there.

Latest posts

Back