Interesting facts - did you know

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know....

The superstition of getting 7 years bad luck from breaking a mirror comes from when mirrors were originally created, they were lead glass covered one side with a thin film of pure silver, so if a maid broke one whilst cleaning, she would have to work for 7 years free of charge to reimburse the cost of replacing the mirror.

This is weird, it was only last week I was asking myself why mirrors give you 7 years bad luck if you break one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you know allot of people think the Internet only came out to the public in 1996 actually somewhere I read it was in 1993, but without any web software either on the server level or the client level nothing existed for the network in that sense it was all just file transfer on less than a 28.8kilobyte connection.

It's just it did not hit the masses until 1996 when it really started off but still only on a primitive form in that sense.

But having been developed from the ARPANET (by now called DARPA) that could stand a break down of certain parts of the network as this was a newly totally distributed network which was started off in the late 60s as an idea by the American government wanting to talk to the Military much more quickly, what we now call email.

I wish my old Atari ST still worked and could then use it (threw it out or my dad did because it was just collecting dust) and then network it and see if I could get it working again grrrr! Had a modem port on the back of it ah what if...

Hehe my Atari st and games are all in the loft - original box and all :)

Did you know....

A baby is born without a kneecap.

That Kermit the Frog is left handed. Proud to be left handed now.

A group of pugs is called a grumble.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

The saying rule of thumb come from years ago
Where a nan could beat hiscwife with a stick as long as it was no thicker than his thumb!!
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

his given names are all each letter of the alphabet. He shortened his name to just Mr Hubert Wolfe though officially signed it Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Sr.
I like names:D

it looks like youv just went ihxdyikm xdgillbcfuikncxgui

what a ridiculous name lol x

A shrimp's heart is in its head.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

23% of all photocopier faults world-wide are caused by people sitting on
them and photocopying their butts. LOL

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

A snail can sleep for three years.

there's Some pointless facts 😁

Lester Polfuss aka Les Paul was the inventor for the multi track recording also the first practical solid body electric guitar after the failure of the Rickenbacker Frying Pan.

Though Gibson rejected his concept first Leo Fender innovated the Boardcaster later renamed the Telecaster, when Gibson Corp took his idea on they named the guitar the Les Paul after him, he died in 2009.

Without him you'd not have music the way it is now in comparison to live and the studio based recordings.
Apparently his wife is a distant relation of mine according to my Nan lol

Did you know, at one point back in the day, a black cab carried a bale of hay around with them in the boot of the car? :D

Oh and I am also a cousin of Billy Fury's! Well, I was, he died a long time ago :)

A few -

Cats don't meow at other cats, this is communications towards other creatures - mainly humans.

When glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds of up to 3,000 miles per hour.

Adolf Hitler LOVED chocolate cake (who doesn't?)

Over 1000 birds in the UK die a year from crashing into windows on houses, and over 3 times more die by crashing into car windows.

M&Ms have been a part of astronauts food supply since 1982

A giraffe has the highest blood pressure of all animals on average.

Bulls are colour blind, the red cape doesn't make them angry (they don't know the colour) it's the motion of the cape.

The great fire of London in 1666 only 6 people were known to be killed.

Snails have 1000's of teeth and can have sex with them selfs.

A cat like humans can be left or right 'pawed'

Pure gold is so soft it can be moulded in the hands.

Xxxxx

Did you know....
That Ian Flemming (of 007 Bond writing fame) also wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
My fav trivial fact of all time :biggrin:

Did you know my husband has been asking me insuring & taxing the new car we're getting for the last week & every day I've told him the same thing... when we change the insurance we will be emailed the new policy tgen when we print it off & take it to the post office with the mot certificate & the slip off the v5 form & the money they will issue a tax disk then the car is all sorted. Has he listened??? No!! Has the insurance company just told him the same as I have?? Yes!!! And did you know I'm still wrong! !! Lol!!

Did you know my husband has been asking me insuring & taxing the new car we're getting for the last week & every day I've told him the same thing... when we change the insurance we will be emailed the new policy tgen when we print it off & take it to the post office with the mot certificate & the slip off the v5 form & the money they will issue a tax disk then the car is all sorted. Has he listened??? No!! Has the insurance company just told him the same as I have?? Yes!!! And did you know I'm still wrong! !! Lol!!

It's like the same with my other, but totally different I wanted my set of draws down stairs we was taking them apart and I was telling him how to do it as he was wrong. He then got angry and shouting 'Olletta I have a degree in engineering I know what I'm doing' when he realised I was right did he apologise? NO. What a jerk. Haha! Xx

Latest posts

Back