Interview tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky30

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an interview tomorrow for a spa therapist position and just wanted to know what to expect there, and what should I wear? Smart interview clothes or uniform with hair up, nails clean and smart shoes. Any help and advise would be great.
Thanks
X

Hi, I worked in a spa for 4 years. I also became senior therapist there so I had to some times interview new therapists so hopefully I can help :)

I would wear your hair tied up in a dounut(including your fringe if you have one)
Minimal make up
Short, polish free nails
Wear a tunic and trousers if you have them, with closed toe shoes
Make sure you have your c.v and any certificates you have in a portfolio with you to hand
Take a note book and pen to make notes of anything important they say/tell you in your interview so that you look interested.

As for the actual interview they will more than likely get you to do a trade test, which is why you should wear your tunic. You will probably have to do a short back massage and a file and polish. Make sure you practise good hygiene and wash your hands before and after treatments. Try and use your arms and elbows in the massage (if you're trained to do so) and apply a firm pressure.

Interview questions are usually standard.
Why do you want a job here
What do you know about the spas background
Hobbies and interests
What pay you would be happy with
Do you have any up coming holidays
Are you reliable/flexible, happy to work shifts
Where do you see your self in the next 5 years
They will maybe give you scenarios such as -What would you do if a client had a problem with something and started to voice her opinions loudly in the waiting area?
How are you with retailing?

Hope this gives you some idea of what to expect, and helps you in some way. Just be prepared to do a lot of massage, and work hard. It's the hardest job I've ever had in a spa. Back to back treatments, meeting retail targets, 5 min turn around ect not to put you off, just want you to know what you will be going into :) xx

Hi, I worked in a spa for 4 years. I also became senior therapist there so I had to some times interview new therapists so hopefully I can help :)

I would wear your hair tied up in a dounut(including your fringe if you have one)
Minimal make up
Short, polish free nails
Wear a tunic and trousers if you have them, with closed toe shoes
Make sure you have your c.v and any certificates you have in a portfolio with you to hand
Take a note book and pen to make notes of anything important they say/tell you in your interview so that you look interested.

As for the actual interview they will more than likely get you to do a trade test, which is why you should wear your tunic. You will probably have to do a short back massage and a file and polish. Make sure you practise good hygiene and wash your hands before and after treatments. Try and use your arms and elbows in the massage (if you're trained to do so) and apply a firm pressure.

Interview questions are usually standard.
Why do you want a job here
What do you know about the spas background
Hobbies and interests
What pay you would be happy with
Do you have any up coming holidays
Are you reliable/flexible, happy to work shifts
Where do you see your self in the next 5 years
They will maybe give you scenarios such as -What would you do if a client had a problem with something and started to voice her opinions loudly in the waiting area?
How are you with retailing?

Hope this gives you some idea of what to expect, and helps you in some way. Just be prepared to do a lot of massage, and work hard. It's the hardest job I've ever had in a spa. Back to back treatments, meeting retail targets, 5 min turn around ect not to put you off, just want you to know what you will be going into :) xx

This sounds spot on to me. Just to add, wear your fob watch if you have one and make sure you stick to any timings they give you in your trade test. If you are asked to do a wax, don't double dip (some do, some don't so this covers all bases) Smile, exude confidence and do a thorough consultation even though your trade test will probably be on another therapist. Your level of client care could be what sets you higher than the next candidate.

Best of luck!

Wrong thread, sorry!

Latest posts

Back