Interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaywa6

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am just seeking some advice, i have my first interview with a Salon tomorrow and was wandering if anyone knew what types of things i could be expected to be asked in the interview as i would like to be a little prepared.

Thanks in advance
Kayleigh:Scared:

They will probably start with -"so tell me a little bit about yourself" so be prepared for that.
Also:
- most favourite and least favourite treatment to do.
- your experience.
- how would you deal with a complaint.
- what do you most like about being a beauty therapist.
- what are your strengths and weaknesses.

You will probably be asked to do a trade test. This shouldn't be longer than an hour and should be performed on a member of staff (not on paying public)

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope this helps a bit.
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck !!

I feel your nerves! I went to 6 different interviews in salons last week and they varied a great deal.
A couple of the interviews only lasted 20 minutes at the most, it was just a brief chat and I got shown around. The others went on for at least an hour. I would wear smart clothes and perhaps take your tunic in your handbag as some salons will arrange a trade test for another day but others will ask you to do a quick treatment then and there. You will have to talk a little about yourself, I'd just say what you enjoy about the job, any previous experience, what your trained in etc. If possible take a copy of your c.v and any relevant certificates.

Just be yourself, be confident and smile! It's also worth thinking of any questions that you would like to ask at the end of the interview like how many days/hours you'll be working & hourly rate of pay etc!
Hope this helps and good luck. Xx

Thanks very much ladies, i have got some rough answers to some of the questions typical interview questions, so fingers crossed everything goes ok.

Will let you know how it goes.

Ive got an interview today was well pleased to get an interview apply for two jobs and got a call from this one straight away. The other job is from a massive chain I would think loads of people would of applied x

Latest posts

Back