Investing in yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy028

Reaction score
how do all you geeks feel about investing in yourself by paying for your own courses (those who work in a salon)? I recently did a course and spent an arm and a leg but feel like i'm going to get walked on a bit now and have to maybe pay for my own courses from now. I really just want to get on with my career and be big one day (don't we all) so think i'm doing myself a favour but would like others opinions :) x

Hii😊, yeah i do think your doing your self a favour because the more experienced u are in our job the better! And it always looks really good on your cv etc, my boss has only ever paid for one of my courses the rest i have paid for my self, but i just think it helps me more than her as im able to. Ri g more options to the table for the clients that already come to me and the new, hope thos has helped abit x

Bring more options i ment ha

Hi Natalie yes that definitely helped and reassured me a bit :) I feel like I want to do so much and just get on but feel like if I wait for my employers to organise these courses for me I'll be waiting for ages. I'm not one to be held back lol x

Anyone else? X

Education. How can you lose. It wouldn't entertain me to wait until a boss thought it was a good idea to provide a training course. You are generally governed to stay at the salon for a length of time or pay back a percentage of your course anyway should you decide to leave. Education is key to success. Don't even question it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Education. How can you lose. It wouldn't entertain me to wait until a boss thought it was a good idea to provide a training course. You are generally governed to stay at the salon for a length of time or pay back a percentage of your course anyway should you decide to leave. Education is key to success. Don't even question it.

Oh I never thought of that. Very we'll put thank you so much for your feedback :) I'll continue doing lots of courses of my own back then I think. You value it more when it's all your own hard earned money that's paid for it too I think. Thank you

Latest posts

Back