iPad or new laptop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandSam Nails

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if any of you already using an IPad could help me? My laptop is near on going backwards and I am wondering if I buy an iPad i will regret not paying for a new laptop instead? I need to use for updating my website and social media etc

iPad definitely :) best thing iv ever bought. I had the same dilemma when my laptop needed replacing an went with my iPad, I use it for EVERYTHING

Awe thank you so much! I know you can't print from iPad, do you know if u could send to a wireless printer? think I am going to go for iPad rather than mini so bigger screen to work with!

You can print from an iPad!

You can print wireless with an iPad. You will need an AirPrint compatible printer, or another computer to act as a print server (kind of defeating the point, really).

I don't know what web development is like on an iPad, but if you personally edit your website using HTML, CSS, etc., I would definitely say get a laptop.

But if you're just updating your website through some kind of management tool, updating Facebook, checking email, etc., get the iPad.

You really need to consider what you'll be doing, and whether it's better to do each on a tablet or laptop. I personally would always choose a laptop over a tablet, but that's because I use my laptop for much more than just checking email and Facebook.

Thank you for your useful advise, I do need to do alot of updates on my website through HTML etc. Which I'm not sure I will be able to on IPad.

Just the quickness of an iPad is the bonus and being able to carry around to make updates quickly for social media, and loads photos, Use of calendar instead of my diary!

Ahh decisions decisions thanks anyway guys :)

Latest posts

Back