Irrelevant interview questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know more about the laws surrounding this. I have a medical condition that leads to me being absent from work more than the average employee. I have always fully disclosed the details of my illness to employers however I have found myself being sacked for attendance before. I am careful to make sure I get doctors notes for absences but this does not seem to make a difference.
Although it's not your fault that you have a medical condition you also have to see it from your employers point of view. They are trying to run a business after all.

Although it's not your fault that you have a medical condition you also have to see it from your employers point of view. They are trying to run a business after all.

I understand this, which is why I always disclose the nature of my condition in full. However I'm not talking about weeks or months taken off at a time. My last job I was off a total of two weeks in nine months and was told this was the reason for my dismissal. I don't think this is excessive really.

Oh well, I'm trying to work for myself now so hopefully it will not matter any more. :)

I would be seeking legal advise on this for sure if it was me

The Recession has become an employers paradise giving them pick of the litter when it comes to employees with over 100 applicants going after 1 job and they seem to be loving the fact they can take advantage of candidates and pretty much make them walk over hot coals to get a job, hence why I will never work for one again and be self employed from now on

Understand what your saying but once you have someone in the door it's so hard to get rid of them the law is on the employee's side not the employers!! This can cause major problems in a small business!! I have never asked those questions but I can see why they would ask one or two

Latest posts

Back