Is 50/50 fair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marriagegenii

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'd appreciate your professional and impartial advice on the following matter I'm currently in.

I've been given an offer to work as a Beauty Therapist in a hair salon...... the offer was forthcoming because the owner has a spare-room and wants to extend the business, further she knows I'm a qualified therapist.

The offer has changed over time but it started with:

I can rent the room but I must pay to decorate and furnish it.... then later
the salon owner would decorate the room and I will work on commission basis - I provide my equipment.....products.....advertising etc and then pay 50 percent.

Can anyone tell me if this is fair? I ask because I think it would be okay at 50 percent commission if the salon paid for the products..... then I supplied my tools, work and knowledge, and equipment ... couch etc and possibly that's more fair. As it stands I think 60/40 is fair if I supply everything needed and salon provides room and bills.

Please advise me.

I would say if you are providing all you own stuff and self employed 60-40 split to you.

i would second 60/40

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Do you want to permanently work on a commission rate? I agree 60/40 for now but id ask before you get set up if there is the possibility of a weekly rent. Commission is good for getting started but any £30 treatment you are only getting £18 inc cost of products (if I worked that out right) & your time.

If you do 10 clients thats £120, if you do 20 its £240!

If the room was under £125 (depends on area etc) long term it would work in your favour.

Anyway thats just my opinion :) good luck xx

Latest posts

Back