Is anyone else a 'self confessed rubbish at nail art' geek... :/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lulu83x

Reaction score
I am rubbish at nail art! even the most simple streaks and lines lol... I do try and try but it always looks so amature :/ is the only solution to this to take a nail art 'day' course?? or a full on 'nail art' course??
I have practised on tips etc etc, do some of us just not have the jist of it?? My application technique is improving alot.. but so many people request nail art now - (even simple designs)
Is the answer just practice?? :) xxx

Have a look at the konad threads, it gives you beautiful nail art with no artistic skills (I love it haha) xx

Me too! I'm just not good at intricate detail and it always looks like my 3 year old has done it lol! I just stick to what I can do, glitter mainly. I think it's partly because I just don't really like it so I've never really been bothered enough to practice it.

will def have a look thx hun.... but do you feel like konad is cheating? lol xx

Me too! I'm just not good at intricate detail and it always looks like my 3 year old has done it lol! I just stick to what I can do, glitter mainly. I think it's partly because I just don't really like it so I've never really been bothered enough to practice it.

this is completely like me lol, I am so passionate about nail enhancements etc but im just rubbish at even simple art! hmmmmm think ill just persist lol xx

I'd never be able to do those designs that konad have, I'd rather have a gorgeous nail art design a bit cheaty than what I'd be able to do for them free hand lol I've never really been bothered about it either so never really practised, I'm sure it'd take a whole lot of practicing for me to get half decent though! xx

I'd never be able to do those designs that konad have, I'd rather have a gorgeous nail art design a bit cheaty than what I'd be able to do for them free hand lol I've never really been bothered about it either so never really practised, I'm sure it'd take a whole lot of practicing for me to get half decent though! xx

Yes i completely get that... hmmm def check konad out then xx thx hun

No probs, I bought one konad kit and then one of the monster bundle packs from amazon, they're great, only problem is choosing which design people want! :) xx

I have Konad and both Bundle Monster Sets. Im also doing the EN Nail Art course, and it has helped me no end! I also bought 2500 el cheapo tips (I stick them on my nail trainer hand with blue tac) and practice all the time on these. xx

I adore Konad its been a real eye opener for my clients and myself. I've done a nail art course and although I can do it I prefer the perfection you get with Konad. I find that Im not a very good artist but Im really good at crafty stuff, so colours, designs and how things go together are my strength.

Konad is definately not cheating, its just another way of doing something - thats my view anyway!
Karaxxx

great thanks everyone :) :D xxx

I would rather do beautiful well balanced enhancements with no lifting, than I would worry about nail art.

Go with konad and keep practising on what is important, your application. Good on you xxxxxxx

Hi...

I wasent great at nail art at first. I then searched on the internet and youtube to have a look at various nail art designs and just kept practising

Cx

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek

I would rather do beautiful well balanced enhancements with no lifting, than I would worry about nail art.

Go with konad and keep practising on what is important, your application. Good on you xxxxxxx

I so agree with this. There are lots of pictures on the site of beautiful nail art on dreadful nails. Your first skill must be to craft a well balanced, non-lifting enhancement.

I am pretty rubbish at freehand nail art, possibly because I've never been that interested in it - I stick to Konad. Fortunately for me, hardly any of my clients want art.

I so agree with this. There are lots of pictures on the site of beautiful nail art on dreadful nails. Your first skill must be to craft a well balanced, non-lifting enhancement.

I am pretty rubbish at freehand nail art, possibly because I've never been that interested in it - I stick to Konad. Fortunately for me, hardly any of my clients want art.

Lol same here my clients just like a simple flick which I might add you can get beautifully with Orly nail artist stripers. They are paint based and the brushes in the little bottles are an absolute dream to flick with.

Xx

Lol same here my clients just like a simple flick which I might add you can get beautifully with Orly nail artist stripers. They are paint based and the brushes in the little bottles are an absolute dream to flick with.

Xx

great thanks so much will look for some orly brushes xx

Thankyou, Sounds like konad is def the way! thankyou x

I must look up this konad!

Im not a natural at nail art have to work hard to make it look good and I tend to go more towards glitter and gems really blinging up nails.

I like the bling but dont like all the traditional style nail art of flowers and stuff I just dont like how it looks and think its so silly on women past their 20s but thats just my personal opinion I obviously keep to myself lol and just give the customer what they want

great thanks so much will look for some orly brushes xx

Hair ways here in Essex sell them so I should think sallys or beauty express probably do. They do loads of fab colours. Probably best to buy one, maybe black and see. The bottles are a lovely shape to hold and as I said the brush inside is perfect for artwork such as flicks. Becausemthey are acrylic paint they dry in seconds which stops the worry of smudging when you put your topcoat on. Don't worry when they dry they look sort of boring matt but when you apply topcoat they go shiny.

Good luck Hun xxx

I have been watching youtube tutorials on basic nail art and have given a few designs a go on my own natural nails, I think they are not too bad for a beginner , i was even asked if they were minx so must be ok lol. I am looking forward to trying out more and learning more.

Latest posts

Back