Is anyone else a 'self confessed rubbish at nail art' geek... :/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair ways here in Essex sell them so I should think sallys or beauty express probably do. They do loads of fab colours. Probably best to buy one, maybe black and see. The bottles are a lovely shape to hold and as I said the brush inside is perfect for artwork such as flicks. Becausemthey are acrylic paint they dry in seconds which stops the worry of smudging when you put your topcoat on. Don't worry when they dry they look sort of boring matt but when you apply topcoat they go shiny.

Good luck Hun xxx

thanks hun, I have ordered a black orly striper polish today..exciting! sad hey. lol xx thankyou x

I don't care for nail art myself but can turn out some nice looking stuff for others lol and have done some quite detailed designs in the past.

But I don't make a point of offering it and for this reason.

It take ages for the client to consider the options, then more time to choose the colours, think about rhinestones, sit and wait for it to dry. . . . and what you can charge for nail art simply doesn't make it worthwhile as far as I can see. . . it can take almost as long as it takes for me to do another infill!

How do you make it worthwhile? :)

I don't care for nail art myself but can turn out some nice looking stuff for others lol and have done some quite detailed designs in the past.

But I don't make a point of offering it and for this reason.

It take ages for the client to consider the options, then more time to choose the colours, think about rhinestones, sit and wait for it to dry. . . . and what you can charge for nail art simply doesn't make it worthwhile as far as I can see. . . it can take almost as long as it takes for me to do another infill!

How do you make it worthwhile? :)

yes this is true, I tend to just apply 1 or 2 rhinestones and maybe a quick sweep of a striper brush lol :) but this is purely beacuse im rubbish at freehand :/

I am getting better at glitter tips now - although a full set takes just over 3 hours lol. But im definately going to invest in a konad kit - it looks great x:)

Just wondered, does everyone advertise konad as nail art on your websites/price lists etc? Or do you advertise it as konad - do people know what it is? Thanks x

I am also rubbish at nail art. My 'nail art' stretches to a couple of rhinestones artistically placed on clients chosen nail, and coloured acrylic (hardly counts as nail art when you see some of the amazing nails on here) Definitely not Picasso! Ive never had a big call for it, and it's a good job really.

I must look up this konad!

Im not a natural at nail art have to work hard to make it look good and I tend to go more towards glitter and gems really blinging up nails.

I like the bling but dont like all the traditional style nail art of flowers and stuff I just dont like how it looks and think its so silly on women past their 20s but thats just my personal opinion I obviously keep to myself lol and just give the customer what they want

Every thing Konad you might need to know :D

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/148055-konad-all-you-need-know-your-favourite-pics.html

Latest posts

Back