Is CND Nourishing Remover stripping my nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msoldhollywood

Glamour Therapy
Reaction score
Hi guys I love Cnd and of course shellac! (Let me just get that out of the way)

I have been noticing that whenever I remove with the nourishing remover, it almost a strips the white from my free edge.

As soon as I take off the wraps the whites look concentrated white! only because the rest of my free edge looks almost transparent...

When they are wet the transparent bits feel very flexible and a little weak and the white bits still normal (bearing in mind I have very strong nails)

When I allow it to dry/evaporate..Then intensity of the transparency subsides, but as you can see from the picture (if you look close at the two first nails)..they do seem to be almost stripped of a layer of keratin..enamel..compounds..layers...white colour nail melanin...whatever it's called lol .

Just a few points to eliminate:

I don't buff my nails

I cotton wool and foil wrap with just enough nourishing remover and leave on...(I use express5 so the removal is great... But if anything is still on after like 10 mins..I just resoak..which isn't often)

p.s(they are a little bit of a dark colour due to spending the first 16 years of my life bring a chronic Nail biter, I've not bitter my nails in over a decade but damage was done,in terms of colour)

I have tried and tested with another remover a few months ago and o didn't get that white/transparent effect... I didn't want to beloeve it was happening because I love Cnd.. But ive definitely Done the research now (ocd I had to make sure) and it definitely happens with the particular remover..

Any tips?

(Thanks in advance.. You are a great person as I know this is a long a winding message [emoji5]️)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443372499.350807.jpg

Perhaps the transparency is due to the nourishing oils in the remover. I don't know about the stripping though... When I started using the CND remover my nails no longer turned white, dried out, delaminated or broke.
After a couple of hours, apply some cuticle oil and see if your nails have a similar appearance.

That actually makes a lot of sense, because when I add oil to my cuticles etc. after removal that's when I see the transparency even more.

But it all goes back to normal after a couple of days (which it has done now after 3days).

Thanks @BitsyProspect. I'll bear this all in mind and have a little experiment next time I remove, just so I'm 100% sure [emoji5]️[emoji4][emoji171]

Latest posts

Back