Is Gelish gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid, but i am a shellac user and posted this in the gelish lovers group with no response:eek:
anyway my new client came in saying she had gelish done and it came straight off 3 nails 2 days later, went back had them repaced and it happened again so hence my new customer:cool:
she asked the difference between shellac and gelish onloy i am not to sure, i said i think that gelish is a gel polish? and shellac obviously a power polish etc. so is gelish just a coloured gel? like i know as gel nails instead of acrylic etc please advice so i can inform her next visit.

ps she is on medication for thyroid, blood pressure and chloesterol etc so don't know if this affected her gelish, but being the professional i amdidn't slag the other therapist off and said it could be down to numerous things, we are trying shellac to see if it stays on fingers crossed.

she has no peeling nails but looked dehyrated and i asked if she used cuticle oil or solar oil etc, she not advised to after her gelish treatment, is that right??? surely she should should use some kind of cuticle oil as with shellac

please help asap thx

Yes, Gelish is a gel polish.

My Gelish lasts for a long time on my clients and on myself as well. I'd be wondering about prep procedures of the previous tech.

Yes Gelish is a gel polish. My Gelish last anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on my clients; they must use an oil to look after their nails (I provide them with Solar Oil.

I do advise my clients that if they are on any heavy medication that this may effect the longevity of their Gelish. I have found in some cases Thyroxine can be a suspect in Gelish coming away; however my mum is on it and she gets 3 weeks from hers.

I'd say if the tech your client has been to didn't advise the use of a good oil, then I'd be unsure if they did the Gelish treatment properly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

thx for the advice guys very apreciated x

To add about thyroid problems-I was diagnosed with Graves' disease two years ago and had to have radiation to kill off my thyroid as the levels were just too high to safely lower with medication. Since then I've been on 150 mcgs of synthroid and my nails don't seem to have any issues with gel, l&p or Gelish not lasting. I know everyone's different but my thyroid problems haven't affected my nails at all.

Latest posts

Back