Is hair long enough for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgxexmx

Reaction score
i have a client who wants extensions and her hair is quite short (a few inches and longer in the front) at first i was not sure whether to do them for her but she says she wears clip ins and they look good and cover them. Im doing pre bonded on her , do you think i should go ahead with it?

Personally I would say no unless you are completely happy with the length of her hair I speak from experience on this one you will prob have to use a lot more bonds to get the line of her top layer to blend this will be quite heavy on her head also getting her natural hair to blend with the extension hair will be quite difficult I would get her to wait til you are happy with the length hth deb x Posted via Mobile Device[/pixe]

My rules i was tought is the natural hair has to be at least 5 inches and you shouldnt have length more than double of that of natural hair. If that makes sence lol x

I was taught no shorter than 4 inches allover, however there was no mention of a limit on how long the client could go......I guess it's just different people teach different things and rules.....

nothing worse than seeing 22 inch long hair and short layers at the top not blended into anything,,,, and boy have i seen some bad ones lol

nothing worse than seeing 22 inch long hair and short layers at the top not blended into anything,,,, and boy have i seen some bad ones lol
Yea i know what you mean but she wants it shoulder length and layered ? what you think?
xx

i probably wouldn't go to the shoulder maybe create a graduate bob style but a bit longer,, so at least the front is long for her?? better than she has now?!?
but thats me,,, and i haven't seen it.
make sure you put enough hair in to cut and blend it though... as much as you can really, coz you really will have to blend blend blend....
pre bonded is defo the way to do it though
let us know how you get on xxxxx

i probably wouldn't go to the shoulder maybe create a graduate bob style but a bit longer,, so at least the front is long for her?? better than she has now?!?
make sure you put enough hair in to cut and blend it though... as much as you can really, coz you really will have to blend blend blend....
Yea i will have to do pre bonded. Im trying to advise my clients to go for pre bonded. Micro rings are really hit and miss. Ah i hope it goes well :biggrin:
xxx

You say create a graduated bob, for those of us that are not hairdressers and only have experience of razoring to blend, how do we go about blending the shorter hair in well enough? thankfully i've only had one that has shorter hair and she insisted I put as many strands in to fill it out so she didn't get the "mushroom" effect, this seemed to work but she has since removed the hair herself after a month of wear......

personally i wouldn't do it if i couldn't create a perfect blended style, but its up to the stylist??
if you can do it that way then go for it.
or maybe do a cutting course??
:Love:x

personally i wouldn't do it if i couldn't create a perfect blended style, but its up to the stylist??
if you can do it that way then go for it.
or maybe do a cutting course??
:Love:x
Yea that is a good idea. I was thinking of doing a hairdressing course in general. I think I can naturaly cut hair well so hopefully it will look great. She has re arranged for week after next so hope it grows! :)
Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

i have a client who wants extensions and her hair is quite short (a few inches and longer in the front) at first i was not sure whether to do them for her but she says she wears clip ins and they look good and cover them. Im doing pre bonded on her , do you think i should go ahead with it?

Hello :) you may need to use more hair than normal to really blend the hair, it tends to look to gappy if not enough hair is used on short hair!! Just a little tip I have picked up :) hope it helps x

Latest posts

Back