Is is just me or is anyone else hating being back at work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...not covering the nose properly... ;) <a bit of lighthearted fun>

Attachments

• C2E9BA01-3152-4835-B3DC-BAFD8E3BA7AB.jpeg
    C2E9BA01-3152-4835-B3DC-BAFD8E3BA7AB.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 40
Ive spent the whole week with clients coming in asking if they need to put their face masks on... well the texts asking you to bring a face mask and the sign on the door is an indication... well I wasn’t sure as the government said we didn’t need to ... well Boris isn’t cutting your hair! My response is now, it is your free choice until the 24th when said government have now changed their minds and you WILL be wearing one

I’m so sorry to hear how everyone is feeling. I was fortunate to have several practise sessions during lockdown so I had the chance to discover that I was terrified.

I’ve only opened for treatments after 3pm and some days I’ve only had 3 clients. It’s worked well for me. I booked myself just waxing for a couple of days before taking one polish free mani. Then I did just one pedi, with polish, before taking a gel pedi the next day. Saturday was my hardest day with 5 clients in a 6 hour day. I had gaps and a lunch break - but ended up not getting a break all day as I cleaned and set up and cleaned again. Definitely a learning curve. I had 2 pedis, one massage and two waxing appointments. On paper the combination worked brilliantly from a Covid secure point of view, but I was stressed out.

I did have one day mid week when I woke up dreadfully hungover. And I’ve been late in to work almost every day (I just do admin for 3-4 hours before I start treatments so I haven’t kept anyone waiting.). I’ve been kind to myself. I knew it would be hard. I find my throat is burning at the end of the day and my heart is thumping hard with anxiety when all my clients have gone.

I’m not hating it though. I feel it’s helping me to have some normal activity.

I can offer some online free self care to help manage anxiety and stress if anyone is interested. I can do a group session for geeks if there is enough interest. It’s massage treatment based rather than “just” meditation and reiki so you’ll feel significantly better in your body, We’re all in this together and just turning up for each other makes a difference.

I’m so sad to hear everyone is so sad.
I’m not feeling it either lasses ☹️ got to about Wednesday this week and I just feel full of dread. I’m taking two weeks off after next week I feel like I’m going to pop.

I’m so sad to hear everyone is so sad.
I’m not feeling it either lasses ☹ got to about Wednesday this week and I just feel full of dread. I’m taking two weeks off after next week I feel like I’m going to pop.
So sorry to hear that you’re struggling too. :( But it’s good you’ve scheduled some time off to recharge, hopefully that will help.
I didn’t work all of this week but I have left a couple of clients who are booked in for next week. I have debated endlessly whether to do them or not, one minute my head is saying “just get on with it” the next I am dreading it & feel sick to my stomach!

So sorry to hear that you’re struggling too. :( But it’s good you’ve scheduled some time off to recharge, hopefully that will help.
I didn’t work all of this week but I have left a couple of clients who are booked in for next week. I have debated endlessly whether to do them or not, one minute my head is saying “just get on with it” the next I am dreading it & feel sick to my stomach!

Can’t wait, woohoo!
Oh no! That sounds so familiar, I sat on the edge of my bed in my uniform this morning trying to convince myself to stop the dread and just get up and go to work.
I’m trying hard not to get stressed by it.
Hopefully next week will be more joyful.

Can’t wait, woohoo!
Oh no! That sounds so familiar, I sat on the edge of my bed in my uniform this morning trying to convince myself to stop the dread and just get up and go to work.
I’m trying hard not to get stressed by it.
Hopefully next week will be more joyful.
It’s kind of reassuring to hear i’m not the only one feeling that.
Good luck with the rest of your week!

I’ve realised that my anxiety is caused by very tight internal stomach and breathing muscles. They’re tight because I’m anxious and I’m anxious because they’re tight. As I’m a clinical massage therapist it didn’t take me too long to realise I could help myself with some soft tissue release techniques.

I’m very happy to run a group self care virtual session (free) for any geeks that need a bit of tlc - it’s not quite the same as getting a massage, but it’s pretty good.

I’ve realised that my anxiety is caused by very tight internal stomach and breathing muscles. They’re tight because I’m anxious and I’m anxious because they’re tight. As I’m a clinical massage therapist it didn’t take me too long to realise I could help myself with some soft tissue release techniques.

I’m very happy to run a group self care virtual session (free) for any geeks that need a bit of tlc - it’s not quite the same as getting a massage, but it’s pretty good.
That sounds like a great idea, thankyou. Could probably benefit a lot of us right now.

Latest posts

Back