Is it highlift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leggie

Reaction score
I'm colouring my mother in laws hair today, now she reckons her salon uses wella highlift on her hair but shes got a base which is almost 100% grey on top, would a highlft cover this, as i wouldn't of thought i'd use 12% on that much white, however I would on the back as she's quite dark around the nape area, her colour is quite brassy around this root area too, but her overall look is a very light ash blonde.:eek:

It is possible to colour grey with a hi-lift but you do get a translucent, brassy finish. You do get clients who, unfortunately, like this.

Maybe you could go through the colour chart with her and pick a softer colour that will cover her grey? Don't forget the lighter the base the more translucent the coverage.

Thanks, yeah I know what you mean, sometimes you try to explain but they don't listen to whats best or what looks best:) They just think by picking the lightest blonde on the chart thats the only way they can be that blonde....oh the joys!!!!
She wants to be my colour I'm currently 12/89 with luckily no grey to cover, tried explaining this but doesn't seem to understand. x

why dont u try doing highlift around the sides and back, and on the top section paint about a cm of the roots with 99/0. . once u dont this root area do back to back slices of 99/0 and the highlift, obv avoiding the pre painted cm 99/0 in the highlift foils? it will give it some depth and the overall colour will still be pretty light?
jus a suggestion. . x

Thanks for the advice scottydolly, I managed to persuade her to tone down and it looks loads better x:)

Latest posts

Back