Is it like a swear word to say I don't like nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportsgirl

Reaction score
So, I know I'll probably face a barrage of abuse for saying this 😉 but, I've genuinely wondered if there are any other nail techs out here who don't like nail art (and loads of glitter for that matter) or am I completely alone??!!!

I don't mean doing it-I mean the actual look of it. I appreciate that it really is an art form and ironically I actually love doing it but as much as I've tried to love it, I just don't. I kind of feel that unless you're a teenager, a pop star or some sort of fashion type that it just looks, we'll, kind of tacky. (**hides knowing loads of you probably want to punch me!!).

Am I alone?! Xx

Thankfully, in Canada nail art isn't even all that popular (at least my end of canada that is). I find that if I get a client asking for a lot of nail art its always someone under the age of 18 - which don't usually have a lot of extra spending money to get their nails done anyways, so I certainly do nail art much less frequently then just solid colours. I saw the water sticker and nail stamping popularity here on SG to I thought that it would work here too, so I got all the stuff and it just wasn't in demand at all! (I may stamp or do stickers on a client once a week...)

I can't say I love the look it either anyways, I'm not even a fan of the accent finger or even French with any other color but white! Lol

Nope, I hate it too!

It is art, and there are some very talented nail techs out there I don't doubt that.

For me personally? Not a chance.

Xx

I have a lot of conservative clients that don't like nail art or different colours for that matter. They tend to stick to red or nudes..

So I get excited when I have someone ask me for a bit of glitter lol. Although, I really only ever wear pastels or nudes on myself too.

Wow-so pleased to see I'm not alone!!!! I appreciate that nails have become a massive thing and that's largely due to the fact they can be turned into these creative masterpieces but I just can't get on board with it! I love nudes, darks, brights-everything but just left alone 😳

I enjoy doing it. I am even okay with designs if there is uniformity or a theme. However, having every finger different is a bit much for my brain. All I can think is, women don't have capability to decide what they want so they want everything and then it's all over the place.
I am here to please my clients and I will always give them what they want, as it is highly popular in Calgary. You won't catch me going that extreme with my own nails.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Nnnnnnoooooo I love glitter and gems and art lol

At the end of the day every person is different and will want different things and that what keeps it interesting x

I love glitter and nail art in moderation, I am also not a fan of every finger different, but I do like an accent finger with art, glitter or stamping. The majority of my clients prefer no art but I always do my own with an accent. Some people are really talented with nail art and I love seeing the results. x

I'm the complete opposite, I just find plain nails so boring, I never take photos of plain nails because well what's the point there's nothing worth showing off. I love when someone wants to do something fun with their nails. I hate french. Unless you're a bride it's just boring. I never have just plain nails unless I'm in a rush and just slapping a colour on, even then I hate it and remove it after a few days. Then again everyone is different and likes different things so I'm sure there's plenty of people that like plain nails.

I like doing nail art I like looking at talented techs work. But personally you will never catch me with a sunset or half the Swarovski shop on my nails. I may have 1 nail a different colour from the rest however that's as crazy as I go x

I love looking at nail art, especially competition designs and really elaborate fashion designs because they don't look like nails at all, more like tiny amazing sculptures but in everyday life? No, a nice flat accent nail is enough for me. But then I'm new to nails and struggle with nail art as it is so maybe as I go along and gain confidence I might like it more.

I used to do nail art on myself all the time, couldn't get enough. I don't know what changed but now I just prefer a no fuss nail. I look back at pictures I did of my own nails and I do miss it but when I think of all the time I used to spend on my own nails I realise that I don't have the time that I used to any more! It love to get back into it though, my nails used to really bring the wow factor!

Latest posts

Back