Is it OK to text at the dinner table or while at a restaurant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mobile Manicure;2043859]Well I can't stand the Facebook posers. "Look at me everyone, I'm in a restaurant with my friends having a great time while you're maybe depressed, broke or heartbroken at home. bet you wish you were me! Hope you're all looking at what you're missing!"

MM - I'd be glad to read something along the lines of "having a great time in this lovely restaurant" Facebook is purely full of misery (clearly just the people I know!) the times I do go on there all I seem to read is exactly what you have stated above..."depressed, heartbroken and broke"..and ... "I hate my job and my life"...I can't help but roll my eyes to the back of my head and tell them to do something about it! ......this is why I probably am deleted on a weekly basis...LOL. Anyone that wants/is a facebook poser... I am more than happy to accept.:smack:

Just heading to bed but thought I'd check on SG before I go and once again my dear friend Virtues makes me smile! How my thread took a turn for the worst is beyond me! I just hope that no one is upset. I would much rather have friends than enemies. Thank you virtues for diffusing the situation with your humour :hug:

Just heading to bed but thought I'd check on SG before I go and once again my dear friend Virtues makes me smile! How my thread took a turn for the worst is beyond me! I just hope that no one is upset. I would much rather have friends than enemies. Thank you virtues for diffusing the situation with your humour :hug:

Catch up with you soon - so busy. xxx

Mobile Manicure;2043859]Well I can't stand the Facebook posers. "Look at me everyone, I'm in a restaurant with my friends having a great time while you're maybe depressed, broke or heartbroken at home. bet you wish you were me! Hope you're all looking at what you're missing!"

MM - I'd be glad to read something along the lines of "having a great time in this lovely restaurant" Facebook is purely full of misery (clearly just the people I know!) the times I do go on there all I seem to read is exactly what you have stated above..."depressed, heartbroken and broke"..and ... "I hate my job and my life"...I can't help but roll my eyes to the back of my head and tell them to do something about it! ......this is why I probably am deleted on a weekly basis...LOL. Anyone that wants/is a facebook poser... I am more than happy to accept.:smack:

Aw, don't be hard on MM. She means well!

Aw, don't be hard on MM. She means well!

MM is great. .We have some good comments together . ...MM should know I'm not being hard on her. ...:)

MM. I'M NOT BEING HARD ON YOU..LOL.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

MM is great. .We have some good comments together . ...MM should know I'm not being hard on her. ...:)

MM. I'M NOT BEING HARD ON YOU..LOL.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know! I deleted my Facebook account but I would have gladly given you all my poser friends constantly rubbing my nose in their good fortune. I never had the sad, depressed or fed up ones. Probably still would have deleted the account. I don't need it. :lol:

What makes me laugh on FB is the 'thank you to my lovely hubby for x wonderful years - love you more than words mwah mwah'
This from the same person who has moaned daily about him for x years!
Just shut up and stop thinking anyone is bloody interested!

What ALWAYS makes me laugh is valentines day. People posting about how romantic their evening is and all their pics. ..yeah so romantic that you're on Facebook!!! One of my fb friends has been posting constant pics of her holiday since the min she got there.

I never text at a meal but I am terribke for being on my phone around my son, like when hes on my lap watching tv or something, really trying to stop it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I don't text at the table at home and especially not when we go out for a meal, its nice to escape from my phone for a while if I'm honest. I love to turn my phone off for a while, if there's an important phonecall they can leave a message and the texts will still be there when I turn it back on :D

I think it's really rude to the people you're with if you start texting or facebooking when you're meant to be enjoying a meal or whatever with them. Is their company not good/important enough then?

When I go out with my friends or family (including my teenage kids and nieces) nobody would dream of getting out their phone and messing around with it. We are there to enjoy each others company not find out what our old school pal on Facebook had for dinner lol

As for the facebooking people texting updates as to where they are I always wonder aren't they telling a potential burglar that they're out for the evening?!

We all managed perfectly fine without mobile phones back in the day but I think some people are scared to turn off their phones in case they miss something! Very sad inductment of today's techie times.

I'm guilty of this and I do it a lot. My partner hates it, now he takes my phone off me before we head in. I honestly think it's fine to a point depending who you are with when I'm with my girlfriends we are all on out phones at some point. JMO :)

I think the use of a mobile phone at a table can be debated forever with just arguments to who thinks they are correct. I've stated my opinion on this and will leave it at that after this comment, but that said it is very difficult if you have 20+ staff, customers and distributors overseas that have 5+ hour time differences, I never turn my phone off unless it somehow manages to run out of battery but I carry spares! As for the peeps that own a salon or work from home and those that don't go out often to dinner then I understand the reasons behind why some feel so strongly about it. Those that enjoy going out for dinner and spend precious time with their friends and family it is a luxury - unfortunately for me spending a few hours at home in the evening eating beans on toast and watching rubbish TV, and not living out of a suitcase in a hotel or eating out 5 nights out of seven is a luxury for me...and this is not telling the world what a great life I have - it's just how hard I work, it can be very lonely.

Now lets not get me started on Facebook......!

Latest posts

Back