Is it possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site. I am not looking to become a professional. I just like doing my own nails. It has actually become an addictive hobby for me. :lol:

Okay, this is what I would like to do. Please let me know if it is possible.

I want to put my tips on, acrylic etc... Then take the entire nail off to do my nail art. I am okay when it comes to doing my left hand, but because of arthritis, I cannot do anything "artsy" on my right. I do not like the look of full artificial nails and prefer the more natural look of sculpting the acrylic to my nail. (I hope this makes sense)

Is it possible to take the entire nail off without damaging it in any way? Any tips, suggestions, or telling me no it can't be done would be appreciated. :lol:

Hello, I am new to this site. I am not looking to become a professional. I just like doing my own nails. It has actually become an addictive hobby for me. :lol:

Okay, this is what I would like to do. Please let me know if it is possible.

I want to put my tips on, acrylic etc... Then take the entire nail off to do my nail art. I am okay when it comes to doing my left hand, but because of arthritis, I cannot do anything "artsy" on my right. I do not like the look of full artificial nails and prefer the more natural look of sculpting the acrylic to my nail. (I hope this makes sense)

Is it possible to take the entire nail off without damaging it in any way? Any tips, suggestions, or telling me no it can't be done would be appreciated. :lol:

It's impossible to apply a nail enhancement and then remove it whole causing no damage. The only other advice I'm prepared to offer is you should leave nail application to a trained professional. I know you say this is a hobby but there are training courses for a reason and as a trained professional I cannot advise you to do your own with no training.

i totally agree with vetty.
i would have thought that doing it that way would actually make it harder work for yourself anyway.
why dont you just use it as an excuse to go and get pampered by having your nails done by a professional.
i wish i had someone close to me and that i wasnt so fussy and didnt get bored so quickly with mine otherwise i would quite happily let someone else do mine for me.:)

Yes, yes, I understand that you all have had training and are professionals. If I could afford to have them done professionally I would be. In case you didn't know, the United States is currently in a recession.

I know that there is training on this for a reason. To be quite frank, I am not too thrilled with the attitude I am getting. I am not doing OTHER peoples nails, just my own. I am an intelligent person that understands what can go wrong doing this. Believe it or not, I can read! I would never ever risk doing this on someone else, for obvious reasons.

"If you are not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but are looking for great advice from the largest community of on-line salon professionals..." I assumed that this statement meant that people on this site would be willing to give out advice. Forgive me for misunderstanding.

hi, have you tried using poppits, really easy for doing the other hand, good luck

Thank you for that. I have been reading about poppits. What a wonderful invention. I appreciate your response. Have a great Monday! :biggrin:

Yes, yes, I understand that you all have had training and are professionals. If I could afford to have them done professionally I would be. In case you didn't know, the United States is currently in a recession.

I know that there is training on this for a reason. To be quite frank, I am not too thrilled with the attitude I am getting. I am not doing OTHER peoples nails, just my own. I am an intelligent person that understands what can go wrong doing this. Believe it or not, I can read! I would never ever risk doing this on someone else, for obvious reasons.

"If you are not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but are looking for great advice from the largest community of on-line salon professionals..." I assumed that this statement meant that people on this site would be willing to give out advice. Forgive me for misunderstanding.

The whole planet is suffering a recession. The fact is: nail enhancements are a luxury, and not a necessity. If you can't afford them, then don't get them. No one is forcing you.

You haven't been given any attitude. Everyone has been polite AND has given you advice with regards to your query. Whether or not you like the advice given is a whole other issue. You were given the BEST advice and most RESPONSIBLE advice that we could. Had we done less, then we would be less than professional AND irresponsible. To maintain the integrity of this site, and our own, we can't offer further than that.

We don't always like the answers to our questions, but it doesn't make them any less of an answer.

It's impossible to apply a nail enhancement and then remove it whole causing no damage. The only other advice I'm prepared to offer is you should leave nail application to a trained professional. I know you say this is a hobby but there are training courses for a reason and as a trained professional I cannot advise you to do your own with no training.

I actually answered your question with the first line of my reply and I do appreciate the recession in the US, the UK is in the same (leaky!) boat.....

Without training you can do a lot of damage to your own nails as well as causing yourself lifelong allergies if you don't work safely. I'm not being snippy because I'm qualified, I'm not implying you are unintelligent (if you can teach yourself nails your cleverer than me!), but I do have a responsibility to you and others who are doing nails for yourself.

"If you are not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but are looking for great advice from the largest community of on-line salon professionals..." This statement means those who are already trained or who are looking for training - it does not mean we are here to educate people online to replace the need for a course.

I hope you take my reply in the spirit I intend it.

i am very sorry you felt that way but i think victoria has explained it very well
what sort of a professional would we be if we told you how you can do you nails and then you followed our advice and caused damage to yourself.
we are only thinking of your safety.
we can only advise with the knowledge to what we have been taught

Point taken... I appreciate the answers to my question. I now know that it cannot be done. That is ALL I wanted to know. But the advice you gave me about having pretty nails not being a necessity was just soooo helpful. You are quite right in this fact and I appreciate you pointing it out to me. No one is forcing me to have them! What do ya know????

You all have a great day. I am deleting my account now, so no need to give me the lecture about the rules and what not.

Take care,

Luka

Ive just read this thread and cannot believe your responses to people who were trying to help you!! not one person was rude to you they were all very polite and believe it or not these people are answering your question out of the kindness of their hearts not because they have to, so a little less attitude would be appreciated.. there is no need to be rude to people that are only trying to be helpful!

I think this needs closed now as the poster has said that she has now deleted her account.

There is no point in keeping going over this if she has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back